Skidoo was a 1968 comedy directed by Otto Preminger and featuring Groucho Marx in his last film appearance, alongside such other famous performers as Mickey Rooney and Jackie Gleason. The plot involves a mob boss named God kidnapping the daughter of a former gangster in order to force him out of retirement for one last job.
This film contains examples of:
- Creative Closing Credits: All the closing credits are sung by Harry Nilsson, even the copyright information! ("Copyright M-C-M-L-X-V-I-I-I by Sigma Productions Incorporated - your receipt's on fire...")
- Credits Gag: See above.
- The Don: God.
- Feng Schwing: Frankie Avalon's character's bachelor pad.
- Get Into Jail Free: In order to get at Blue Chips, Tony has to get himself thrown in jail.
- Marijuana Is LSD: Uniquely reversed. The film's climax involves spiking the food supply of a prison with LSD as part of an escape plan. However, only one member of the cast or crew had actually had any experience with the drug (Groucho Marx's final film credit), and they weren't anywhere near that sequence. So, lacking any sort of direction, everyone settled for either acting drunk, or trying to compensate with volume. How they got Timothy Leary to endorse that is a mystery.
- One Last Job: God wants Tony Banks to do a hit on "Blue Chips" Packard.