Film / Ogre
is a Canadian 2008 B-Movie
in which a vicious ogre rules over a small town that has been stuck in time since 1850. Filmed in Vancouver (but set in Pennsylvania), this movie is decent for B-movie fans who like their Shrek
This movie contains examples of
- The Ageless - The residents of the town.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence
- Asshole Victim - Bartlett
- Attack of the Killer Whatever
- Badass Boast - "My gun scared it off. If it was scared, it's because it was hurt, and if it can be hurt, we can kill it."
- Bottomless Magazines - Mike fires that shotgun far too many times without reloading.
- The Chessmaster - Bartlett
- Closed Circle - Magical one that keeps townspeople in the town, and another used to keep the ogre away from the houses toward the climax.
- Cursed with Awesome - Hey, it's still immortality.
- Dark Is Evil - The bad magic person wears black, the good magic person wears white. And is named Hope.
- Dying Town - Annual sacrifice to the ogre with no means of replenishing the population. Yeah.
- "Facing the Bullets" One-Liner - "Filthy beast."
- Hey, It's That Guy! - John Schneider (Jonathan Kent) as Bartlett Henry.
- Heroic Sacrifice - Feigned by Mike to trick the ogre.
- Human Sacrifice
- Instant Runes - A pentagram is placed on the palm of the annual sacrifice.
- Justified Criminal - Mike needed that police car way more than the cops did.
- Magic Is Evil - Confirmed by Bartlett but averted by Hope.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero - Terry awakens the ogre before the annual sacrifice, causing its unmitigated rampage.
- Oh Crap! - Pretty much every victim of the ogre.
- Police Are Useless - They're also fat.
- Shotguns Are Just Better
- Squishy Wizard - Bartlett
- Time Stands Still - The residents of the town cannot age, die naturally or procreate.
- Urban Legends - The town is thought to be a myth by residents of nearby cities.
- The Virus - An apparently incurable pox.
- A Wizard Did It