No One Lives
is a horror film directed by Ryűhei Kitamura (Versus
, The Midnight Meat Train
) and produced by WWE Films.
A gang of violent marauders has just botched their latest job when they happen upon a traveling couple and decide to coax them to part with their valuables through torture. Unfortunately for them, the male of the couple is a serial killer.
This film provides examples of the following tropes:
- Bad Ass: Imagine Batman going on a killing spree and you'll have a pretty good idea of what the Driver is like.
- Black and Gray Morality
- Car Fu
- Dead Star Walking: Lee Tergesen dies rather quickly.
- Decoy Protagonist: The Driver is the Big Bad and the thugs are the Villain Protagonists unlike what it seemed earlier.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Even know he was a bastard, Hoag cares deeply for his brother Ethan and his daughter Amber.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Played with as while he treated her like shit afterwards, Flynn was still shocked to see Emma in the back of Driver's car, helping her out.
- Evil Versus Evil
- Fat Bastard: Ethan.
- Improvised Weapon: A lot of the weapons Driver uses including a loose handcuff to though the chin and out the mouth, a clipboard...which somehow cuts through the victim's neck, a woodchipper and even a running engine to the face.
- Moe Greene Special: A cop takes a fatal bullet to the eye.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Almost the whole idea of the film, a group of violent criminals forced to go against a violent psychopath.
- Sickbed Slaying: Denny's death.
- Slashed Throat
- Token Evil Teammate: Okay, so they're career criminals which obviously means they're less than nice at the best of times; it's pretty obvious, however, that Hoag and his team are disgusted by Flynn's murderous antics.
- Trailers Always Spoil: The trailer gives away the plot twist, and some of the deaths.
- Your Head Asplode: Flynn's death by shotgun blast to the face.