Film: Kitten With a Whip
Kitten with a Whip is a 1965 exploitation film starring Ann-Margret and John Forsythe.Forsythe plays David Stratton, a candidate running for the U.S. Senate who finds that Jody, an escaped juvenile delinquent (Ann-Margret) broke into his house while he was away. A combination of crocodile tears followed by extortion ends up with him trying to keep Jody both in his house and away from the press, the police and his family. Things get worse when Jody's gang of friends shows up, and before he knows it he's held hostage taking a wounded man to Tijuana for off-the-record medical treatment. Where do Jody's sympathies really lie? And how is David going to keep all of this from ruining his campaign?For the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version, please go to the episode recap page.
Kitten with a Whip contains the following tropes:
- Artistic License – Medicine: Buck rapidly nearly bleeds to death from a straight razor cut in his upper triceps.
- Car Chase: The climax of the film, ending with "Rocks Fall, *Almost* Everybody Dies."
- Delinquents: Jody and her "friends."
- Deus ex Machina: The Senate candidate is exonerated from even the risk of suspicion at the last moment, when Jody "explains" that he was an innocent in the ending car crash with her dying breath.
- Dull Surprise: Stratton's facial expressions and vocal tone rarely change from "vaguely irritated."
- Extreme Doormat: The movie ends in a half-dozen places if Stratton grows a spine.
- The Farmer and the Viper: Zig-zagged, but ultimately averted.
- Honor Before Reason: Stratton refusing to tell Ron and Buck where Jody was hiding, putting himself (deeper) in harm's way, despite what Jody had done to all three of them.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Jody (with a triple-helping of "manic")
- Multiple-Choice Past: Even Jody doesn't seem to know which parts of her past were real and which ones she made up.
- Mood-Swinger: Jody, sometimes mid-sentence.
- Psychotic Lover: Jody.
- Sexophone: Played throughout the movie.
- Villain Protagonist: "Troubled" bad girl Jody.