Gamera Super Monster contains the following tropes:
- Expy: To put it lightly, the ship the antagonist uses looks a lot like a Star Destroyer.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Gamera rams himself into the "Star Destroyer" at the end.
- Originally Gamera lived in the script, but when director Noriaki Yuasa saw the terrible cost-cutting measures Tokuma Publishing was taking on the film, he realized Gamera would never come back from the film, so he and writer Niisan Takahashi decided to kill him off. This is why everyone is still happy at the end: only rudimentary changes were made to the script's ending.
- Recycled Script: One of the main characters is Keiichi, a boy obsessed with turtles who is forced to get rid of his pet turtle, and believes it is Gamera. A evil space woman is sent to kill our heroes and brainwashes Gamera. And that's not even counting the Stock Footage.
- Run the Gauntlet: Gamera takes on all of his monster foes from previous movies. Via stock footage of course.
- She's Got Legs: Giruge. And she KNOWS how to use them.
- Stock Footage: Hoo boy. Nearly half of the film is this, and when it's not footage from previous films, it's footage from anime like Space Battleship Yamato.
- Take That/Writing Around Trademarks: During Gamera's Brainwashed and Crazy attack on a city, he destroys a billboard advertising "Dogzilla".