Film: Crazy People
Kathy Burgess: Who here wants to be an ad man?
(several people raise their hands)
Emory Leeson: Who here wants to be a fire engine?
(everyone raises their hands enthusiastically)Crazy People is a 1990 comedy starring Dudley Moore and Daryl Hannah. It's the story of Emory, a copywriter who's had enough. He flips and writes a few honest ads, which lands him in a mental institute.Unfortunately, due to a mistake, the honest ads are published, and even less fortunately, all the ads are a smash hit.Now Emory has to create more honest ads. And the only people who can help him are his fellow patients. Hilarity Ensues.
- Accidental Public Confession: Nowadays its a bit cringeworthy.
- Bedlam House: Inverted. The place is nice, the personnel helpful, and even the evil director is not really effective.
- Cool Car: A whole selection.
- Exact Words: No one mentioned wings. Cue in Simple Yet Awesome Huey.
- French Jerk: Referenced in one of Emory's tourism ads. "Forget France. The French can be annoying. Come to Greece. We're nicer."
- Go Among Mad People
- Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics: 4 out of 5 pharmacists recommend it.
- Precision F-Strike: A beautiful one about a famous newspaper and words which are not supposed to be there.
- Sex for Product: Used blatantly in Emory's car ads. "Jaguar. Sleek and smart. For people who'd like handjobs from beautiful women they hardly know."
- Inverted in the Volvo ad, which says "Be safe instead of sexy".
- The Alleged Car: Saab. Every other car is in mint condition; the 1976 GLE has rust and oddly painted parts. And by far that's the most loved car.