Film: C Me Dance
C Me Dance is a 2009 Christian film written, directed by, and co-starring Greg Robbins and is produced by Uplifting Entertainment.17-year-old Sheri is an aspiring dancer who develops leukemia. She begins to feel angry at her father and at God, while her father seeks help to rekindle her relationship with God and re-focus on her dreams to perform in the Pittsburgh Ballet. She is ultimately graced with the power to convert others to Christianity via her touch. Along the way, Satan intimidates Sheri through things like nightmare sequences and demonically possessing semis.C Me Dance received mostly negative reviews, resulting in a 0% score at Rotten Tomatoes. Luke Thompson of the L.A. Weekly said that it "plays like a fake Christian movie Troy McClure might end up starring in on an episode of The Simpsons, though itís apparently for real." However, Christian organizations, such as Donald Wildmon of the American Family Association, gave it more positive scores. What a surprise.
- Assimilation Plot: Sheri uses her mind control powers to forcibly convert the entire planet to her own brand of Christianity by first taking over the people who run the media.
- Badass Longcoat: Satan wears one.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Someone with terminal leukemia cannot look that healthy.
- Catapult Nightmare
- Dancing Is Serious Business
- The Devil Is a Loser
- Easy Evangelism: To the point that it is a super power for Sheri. Able to convert anyone by touch till her just looking at you makes you Christian.
- Ill Girl: Sheri.
- It's pronounced "shuh-REE".
- Kaleidoscope Eyes: The Devil's eyes inexplicably change from red to brown to white.
- Halfway Plot Switch
- Missing Mom: When Sheri was very young, her mom died in a car accident.
- Poe's Law: Except instead of a parody,this is basically a horror movie where we're expected to root for the villains. It's even Religious Horror, since Sheri's power causes people to convert without choosing to; under most versions of Christianity that would mean they aren't actually saved and can't be saved without breaking the spell, and are thus doomed to hell.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The Devil when he first appears.
- Stealth Parody: Sadly subverted; the producers are dead serious about this.
- Stealth Pun: The C stands for Christ, get it? Which results in a rather nonsensical title.
- That Makes Me Feel Angry: "I'm also really angry. I tell you, I do not want these feelings..."
- Title Drop: The title comes from a Vanity License Plate in the movie.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: Sheri...if it hadn't been for the fact the she miraculously made the world less sinful before her death!
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: The title.