Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by tropers for Yu Gi Oh ZEXAL
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. After a few samples, you will be able to note the interests of the tropers recommending them, and judge whether you might be also interested in a certain 'fic.
No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Reviews of fics are encouraged, but if you choose to write one, please make it substantive, and give specific details about what you liked / disliked in the fic. If you want to give a fic a thumbs-up without writing a full review, you can add your troper handle to the Recommendations Line. Please refrain from posting "Comments" or Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Title of the Fanfic by Author OR Fic Trope Page, by Author (Link)
- Recommended by: Troper Name
- Synopsis: What's the story about? Give here a brief summary of the plot. It would be also useful to point out in what moment of the series the story takes place. If it's a Gen Fic but it has some romantic elements, note here the characters involved too.
- Pairing(s): If it's a Shipping Fic, list here the pairings that feature in the fic (warn here if it's het, male slash or female slash). If it's a Gen Fic, remove this line. To tell the difference between the two, notice if the focus of the fic is on a romantic relationship or if it focuses on the other aspects of the story. In case of doubt, classify the story according to the genres it's been tagged: the Romance tag for Shipping, absence of that tag for Gen Fic.
- Tags: If any are known. This would be things like WAFF, Lemon, Dark Fic, any known Crossovers etc.
Authors, and Websites
- Recommended by: ayirun
- Hitomi writes primarily sharkbait, but she also does tomo and decision and companion. Her fics range from coffee shop AU to medieval fantasies to canon angst. Her writing is beautiful and fluid, and it packs an emotional punch. Her Prisoners of Fate AU is especially good, with a gripping plot and perfect characterization, but everything she does is gold.
Stories which primarily focus on the normal goings on of the cast.
- Recommended by: Jason Lethe Grey
- Usagisquared is a 21yo woman living in Canada. She is currently working on three fanfics - Silent Heartland, a Silent Hill crossover AU, Lima Syndrome For the Best, an AU of her Negativeshipping Female!Yuuma AU, and Wavechange Zexal, a Star Force crossover AU. If you can't tell, she's good with crossovers. She's also good with pain - her fanfics have made the strongest men and women cry. Her icon is the Incubator for a reason. She is also an occasionally collaborator of the Zexalura AU, and a frequent artist - searching her tag will prove that better than I can, and will provide much needed visuals for her works.
The Spiritless Key
- Recommended by: Amaryl
- Synopsis: When Byron returned, his memories never returned with him. AU.
- Comments: What really struck me with this story is that it appears to be simple at first glance but turned out to be otherwise. The use of first person's a little off putting to start with but that was redeemed well before I even read halfway in the form of a very convincing V.
- Tags: Alternate Universe, For Want of a Nail
by Artemis Ignitan
Stories which crossover with other characters or works.
- Synposis: A series of Kattobinguless!Yuuma drabbles, set in a world where Black Mist defeats Astral and is the one that appears out of Yuuma's Key.
- Comments: It's short, but gripping. The author expands on the brief glimpse of Kattobinguless!Yuuma we get in canon and expands on it in distrubing and fascinating ways. What's great about it is the way it mirrors canon, so that it's not just character exploration, but a picture of how a Kattobinguless world might be. Also features a fantastic Black Mist.
Stories whose primary focus is on romantic or sexual relationships between the cast.
Mother Knows Best
- Recommended by ayirun
- Synopsis: A group of mysteriosu transfer students trigger something in Shark's memories, and the whole cast becomes embroiled in their secrets.
- Comments: This is the fic that singlehandedly changed my mind about O Cs and got me to ship challenge. The plot is full of twists and turn. The O Cs are so well drawn that I got as attached to them as I was to the canon characters, the canon characters are written perfectly, and the shipping is alternately cute, dramatic, and angsty by turns. The primary pairing is challenge, but there are side pairings galore. Reading feels like watching a version of the show for an older audience, and I mean that in the best way.