Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Clannad
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Vive, Vale, Gaude
by Haggath (Alternate Universe
- Recommended by Mapi, XxChronOblivionxX
- Status: Ongoing
- Pairing(s): Tomoya/Nagisa, Ryou/Kappei.
- Synopsis: (After Story) Ryou Fujibayashi encounters a distraught Tomoya in the hospital where she works at. Upon learning that Ushio had died, Ryou desperately finds a way to save the Okazaki family, as a memento of how much she loved the man and his wife. She is granted a wish, and is sent back in time to the day Tomoya met Nagisa to attempt to alter the past.
- Comments: A wonderfully written story focusing on a character that didn't get enough love in the visual novel or the anime series. Unfortunately, at the time of this message (October 26, 2012), the last chapter was posted over 16 months ago (June 21, 2011). It's pretty much a Dead Fic at this point.
Clannad ~Different Days~
by Transcendent One (Alternate Universe
- Recommended by EnigmaticWarrior
- Status: Ongoing
- Pairing(s): Tomoya/? (This entire fanfic is toying with the idea of Tomoya having to choose between one of the main heroines, if not all of them.)
- Synopsis: An alternate retelling of the anime series, starting from episode 18 of season 1.
- Comments: Often contemplative and meditative, this story is quite different from the usual Clannad fanfiction that you might run across. Written in the first-person from the perspective of the main characters in the series, the story begins in-medias res past the halfway point of the first season and slowly begins to diverge off a different path seen from the anime or the visual novel in an attempt to tell a different story that few Clannad fanfics have touched upon. Despite the differences in the events that have unfolded thus far in comparison to the anime, the author has taken painstaking measures to make sure that all of the characters stay true to themselves, with some leeway given due to the inevitable departure from the events of the anime series. Due to its length and writing style, it is not an easy read for some people, but for those willing to take the time to read this story, itís certainly a story to behold in its own different way.