Clannad are a long running Irish family musical group consisting of three siblings and two of their uncles. They are most well known for performing the theme song to the television series Harry's Game and all the music for the later television series Robin of Sherwood. Another sibling, Enya, was briefly also a member of the band before going solo and they have also recorded with Bono of U2. The band predates the visual novel CLANNAD by over twenty years having formed in 1970 and have released sixteen full studio albums during their career.Clannad are:
- Moya Brennan – vocals, harp (1970–present)
- Ciarán Brennan – bass, guitar, keyboards, mandolin, vocals (1970–present)
- Noel Duggan – guitar, vocals (1970–present)
- Pádraig Duggan – guitar, mandola, mandolin, vocals (1970–present)
- Pól Brennan – flute, guitar, percussion, whistles, vocals (1970–1990, 2011–present)
- 1973: Clannad
- 1975: Clannad 2
- 1976: Dúlamán
- 1980: Crann Ull
- 1981: Fuaim
- 1983: Magical Ring
- 1984: Legend (Robin of Sherwood soundtrack)
- 1985: Macalla
- 1987: Sirius
- 1989: Atlantic Realm
- 1989: The Angel and the Soldier Boy
- 1990: Anam
- 1993: Banba
- 1996: Lore
- 1998: Landmarks
- 2013: Nádúr
Clannad provides examples of the following tropes:
- Band of Relatives: Type 2 - three siblings (plus one other briefly) and their two uncles.
- Breakup Breakout: Semi-subverted - Enya's career is arguably more successful with a higher international profile but Clannad have done pretty well without her too.
- CrossOver: They sang a duet with U2 during the track "In A Lifetime" from The Joshua Tree.
- Long Runner Lineup: Aside from Enya's brief tenure with the band, four of the same five members have been with the band since it's formation and the fifth member returned to the band in 2011.
- Signature Song: The "Theme from Harry's Game".