Fanfic: Whip And Wing
A Crossover fanfic by Fernin, set in both the Indiana Jones and My Little Pony universes.Indiana Jones is on his typical adventure. Traveling to remote mountainsides, battling Nazis and cultists, swiping ancient artifacts, and the sort. However, upon picking up this particular artifact, the Medallion of Light, Indiana Jones is sent into a strange world filled with magical ponies.In a different universe, Daring Do is on her typical adventure. Traveling to remote mountainsides. Flying to remote mountainsides, battling cultists and Ahuizotl's minions, swiping ancient artifacts, and the sort. However, picking up her respective artifact, the Medallion of Shadow, Daring Do is sent into a strange world filled with Nazis and non-magical ponies.Now, with both adventure archeologists stranded in the wrong universe, how can they escape new enemies in a new environment, while still making off with the loot?Can be found here, now complete.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Accidental Truth: This whole story is just a Daring Do fanfiction by Lyra and Rainbow Dash, so they somehow managed to accurately describe the human world, its history, and the Indiana Jones-verse all by themselves.
- Borrowed Catch Phrase: Quoth Daring:"Nazis. I hate these guys."
- Big Friendly Dog: Flint the diamond dog.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Played for Laughs, as Daring Do expects Brooks to know how famous she is, even though she's in an alternate universe.
- Durable Deathtrap: In chapter 1, there is an allusion to a "trap maintenance pony" keeping the traps up. In chapter 10, Daring Do 'encounters' one and, in chapter 11, meets him (his name being Sprocket) and gives him a beating.
- Evil All Along: Brooks and Silver Trowel
- Expy: Daring Do was already one of Indiana Jones, but the the adventurer's assistants, Richard Brooks and Silver Trowel, are almost identical. And both are traitors.
- Face Heel Revolving Door : Brooks was never really on the side of Indiana or the Nazis. He was just out for himself.
- Family-Unfriendly Death: Hoo boy. Silver Trowel gets his head trapped inside of a stone wall and suffocates, and Hans Jagermeister gets skewered by a giant blade.
- Fan Fic: They are two meaning for this one. In our real world, it's a Crossover Fan Fiction between Indiana Jones and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Book Within A Cartoon . In the world of "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic", it's was a fan-fiction written by Rainbow Dash and Lyra.
- Fair Play Whodunnit: There's actually a fair deal of evidence implying Brooks was working with the Nazis.
- Flash Sideways: Indiana and Daring remember each others' memories, confusing the heck out of both of them.
- For the Evulz: Jägermeister has fond memories of watching his sister watch him burn her doll.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: Indy uses some poor pony to clear his path out of the central chamber of the Temple of Shadows.
- Historical Villain Downgrade: Twilight advises rainbow Dash and Lyra to do this when they write about the Nazis. She says, "Nopony would believe that any creatures would support an organization that's so pointless cruel and murderous."
- Inevitable Waterfall: Played straight when Indiana and his companions escape cultists by boat. Fortunately, Silver Trowel is able to levitate them to a safe landing.
- Intangible Pony: Silver Trowel can achieve this with a certain amulet. During his fight with Indy, the latter pushes his head into the wall while the amulet's in use, then takes it out, resulting in a Tele-Frag.
- Meta Fiction: This whole story is just a fanfic written by Rainbow Dash an Lyra, and has fun playing with all the tropes associated with both Daring Do and Indiana Jones.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Daring dishes one out to a "trap maintenance pony" in chapter 10.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: While Flint isn't entirely brilliant, he isn't as dim-witted as most ponies think.
- Plot Parallel: Both Indy's and Daring's latest adventure, almost word for word. Which is the point.
- Psychic Nosebleed: Silver Trowel earns one of these during the escape from Penny Wise's inn.
- Those Wacky Nazis: A must for anything partially set in the Indiana Jones universe. Comes in the arrogant, sadistic officer and the regular foot soldier flavors.
- Trapped in Another World: Both Indiana and Daring in the others respective universe.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Indiana's famous phobia returns. His first experience in the MLP universe being in a temple filled with snake worshipers certainly didn't help.