The New Captain N by Rustedsoda
- Recommended by LED Bullet
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: A sequel series and massive reboot of the original series' continuity, in which a new Game Master is selected after Kevin mysteriously disappears, and Ridley takes over Mother Brain's command. Has since erupted with several sequels of its own, as protagonist Max Walker matures over the course of his greatest adventure yet.
- Shipping: a little messy. Most standing relationships continue as normal. Samus and Max eventually grow into one themselves, and Peach has noticeable attraction to Samus (but not to the degree of explicit slash.)
- Rating: Mature, for descriptive violence and gore, strong language, and sexual encounters. (An account with deviantArt is necessary)
- Recommended By Peteman
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: A sequel to the series, in which a new Game Master is selected and brought forth into Videoland. However, this one, rather than a pure-hearted teenage 80s cartoon hero is a 22-year-old cynical, apathetic vulgar jerk named Alex Williams who inherited a broken Videoland caused by an entity known as The Sovereign of Sorrow. The story is done via Flashback to a mysterious third party hoping to take the title of Game Master from Alex. One of the more interesting aspects of the series is its Fisher King relationship between the Game Master and Videoland, which simultaneously answers a number of questions on why the original show was so different than its source material, as well as raises new ones on the nature of its reality.
- Rating: Mature, for violence, gore, and extremely coarse language.