Taking place in the Battletech
universe, the Snowbird Saga is the tale of a mercenary unit fighting the Clan Invasion. When her father recognizes that the Sentinels need a unit specifically to fight against the Clans, Sheila Arla-Vlata rises to the top of the candidate list for leadership of the Snowbird battalion. First story is found here
- Action Girl: Quite a few, starting with Sheila herself.
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: An astounding number. Chuck Badaxe is a good place to start.
- Badass: Quite a few of these tropes
- Badass Boast: "My name is Lance Commander Marion Rhialla. I have drunk more beer, pissed more blood, screwed more people, and killed more Mechwarriors than all of you combined. I am fifty-two years old, tired, and I hate everyone. Especially nobles."
- Badass Crew
- Little Miss Badass: Maysa Bari
- Boisterous Bruiser: Tooriu Kku
- Defector from Decadence: Senefa Malthus
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Marion Rhialla during Snowbird's Interlude.
- Improbable Age: Most everyone thinks Sheila's father is crazy for giving a battalion command to a nineteen year old. Maysa Bari is an even better example, being only sixteen as of Snowbird's Interlude and already has eight solo kills.
- Mama Bear: After catching a saboteur who had gotten Sheila captured, many of the older female members of the Snowbirds (who helped raise Sheila) subject the man to Cold-Blooded Torture to make him talk.