Fan Fic: Sky Captain And The Fortune Hunters
Sky Captain And The Fortune Hunters is a crossover fanfic that This Troper wrote in response to a request on the Crimson Skies WMG page. It crosses Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow with Crimson Skies.Plotwise, the Fortune Hunters team up with the Flying Legion to take down the evil Doctor Marmole.Read it here.
Read it here.
This story contains examples of the following tropes:
- Action Girl - Tex Ryder, Brooklyn Betty and, to an extent, Polly Perkins
- Alternate Universe - splitting the difference between the world of Sky Captain and Crimson Skies.
- Anachronism Stew / Hollywood History - there's just no way around it. Fortunately, actual dates never seem to get mentioned.
- Author Appeal - because I just love the idea of zeppelin aircraft carriers.
- Big Bad - Doctor Marmole.
- Cool Airship - The Pandora.
- Cool Plane - lots. The ISA Devastators of the Fortune Hunters and the Curtiss P-40 Warhawks of the Flying Legion are the most obvious.
- Crossover - the basic premise.
- The Empire - the British Empire still exists, and her naval/zeppelin forces are quite respectable. But not evil. At all.
- Five-Man Band - The active Fortune Hunters kind of qualify for this.
- Intrepid Reporter - Polly Perkins, the Chronicle.
- You're Insane - people say this to Dr Marmole a lot.
- Zeppelins from Another World - because, you know, it's Sky Captain and Crimson Skies. There's a lot of zeppelins.
Read it here.