Fan Fic / Seven Years As A Hufflepuff
7 Years As A Hufflepuff is a Harry Potter
fanfiction based on life within the Hufflepuff House
, in a slightly altered universe
. It follows the story of two Hufflepuffs named Willow and Octavio through their seven years at Hogwarts... hence the title
. In addition, they are supported by a cast of three other members: Giovanni, the Slytherin; Melodi, the Gryffindor; and Jefferson, the Ravenclaw. They are the same age as Harry Potter, and thus follow the books' storylines. The major difference is the point of view.
The fanfiction can be found here
This work contains examples of...
- Accidental Misnaming: During their first meeting, Giovanni intentionally calls Jefferson "Thomas". Giovanni himself didn't get the Stealth Pun.
- Badass Bookworm: Octavio appears to be this, as he, like Hermione, started learning spells before school even started. He has yet to show any badassery, though.
- Big Brother Is Watching: This is how Melodi and Giovanni, the pure-bloods, describe the Ministry of Magic. It freaks out everyone except Giovanni.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Melodi has shades of this, but nowhere near the point of a certain other Harry Potter character...
- Dark is Not Evil: Giovanni proves that Slytherins are, in fact, not necessarily evil, prejudiced, or even all that pragmatic. He still fits the cunning and ambitious aspects of Slytherin, as well as being pure-blooded.
- Dumb Blonde: Melodi has shades of this.
- Five-Man Band: It's hard to sort any particular Smart Guy or Big Guy, but the best list we can compile is this.
- Genius Ditz: Melodi, despite being the most dim-witted on in the group, provides the answer to the riddle to enter the Ravenclaw common room.
- Genki Girl: Willow is this, minus the Motor Mouth aspect.
- G-Rated Drug: Butterbeer, at least for Willow. Technically, it throws her into a sugar craze, because once she starts drinking it, she feels the need to drink even more. It leads to her outdrinking seventh-year students.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Willow is a definite G-rated one, at least in the first year.
- Hufflepuff House: It's an entire fanfiction centered around what happens in this obscure Hogwarts House.
- Martyr Without a Cause: Terrin seems to have shades of this, but he doesn't actually want to die... he's just very self-sacrificial. To Gryffindoric levels.
- Muggles: We have two Muggle-borns and one half-blood in the gang alone.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Willow and Octavio are designed for this purpose.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The group seems convinced that Ron's name is Ronald Weasel.
- Tag Along Kid: Despite technically being in the same year, Terrin fulfills this role.
- Technical Pacifist: Melodi. Friends are about to fight each other? Stop them! Friends are dealing with bullies/Death Eaters/whatever? Heal them up; stay out of the fight.
- The Insomniac: Octavio goes many, many nights without sleep, instead using the time to read books. In tropey terms, he's a Type A example.
- The Magocracy: Like in the books themselves, the Ministry of Magic plays the role. Other Magocracies for different countries are alluded to.
- The Medic: Melodi hopes to become this, and is studying for the role, specifically. It runs in her family.
- Time Travel: Apparently, Giovanni's parents have discovered the secret. And we're not talking like a Time-Turner. They went back to the time of Leonardo Da Vinci.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Melodi.