Fan Fic / Quell
"For the first Quarter Quell, as a reminder to the rebels that it was their choice to initiate violence that caused all the needless bloodshed and horrific rebellion, the tributes will be chosen not by a drawing, but by a vote."
is a fanfiction written by author Amata le Fay
, based on the young adult trilogy The Hunger Games
. It details the story of the first Quarter Quell, the 25th Games, and also the rise of the early rebellion.
The story can be found here
This story provides examples of:
- Action Girl: The female Careers, mostly Sandrine and Stacia, and also Katlyn.
- Aerith and Bob: Comes with the Hunger Games territory.
- Always Save the Girl: Joe will do anything to bring Alais home. Justified in that she's the Mockingjay.
- Blood Knight: The Careers all count.
- Children Forced to Kill: In the Hunger Games.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Alais is a bit of this.
- Driven to Suicide: Poor, poor Alais.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: Joe uses a sword, as does Nik, and Shadow and Locke use similar big weapons. Alais uses a crossbow, and Sandrine uses throwing knives. Averted with Stephen, who also uses throwing knives, and Katlyn, who uses an ax. A pretty much equal balance.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Joe tries to do this for Alais during the final moments of the Games. He takes far too much time making dramatic speeches to succeed.
- Interrupted Suicide: Joe's attempted suicide is interrupted by Alais's suicide.
- Killed Off for Real: 23 tributes. And a mentor. And the victor.
- Knife Nut: Sandrine and Stephen.
- La Résistance: Beginning to form.
- Never a Self-Made Woman: Played with. President Candlewick is female, but it is mentioned that her mother was president before her and may have had some sway in her election. Who, naturally, was female herself.
- President Evil: Candlewick. You might think that it's to a lesser degree than Snow, until she starts torturing and killing victors and blaming it on other victors.
- Shout-Out: To a lot of other fanfictions in the Hunger Games fandom.
- Switching P.O.V.: A different one per chapter. Oddly enough, never the tributes, until the end.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Candlewick fancies herself one.