Ash, Misty, T.K. and Kari are in a mysterious world where the only color is them.
- The Official SynopsisLand of No Color
, and it's sequel Heart of Lost Light
is a Digimon/Pokémon Crossover written by Pete the Rock
As the synopsis details, Ash, Misty, Kari and T.K wake up in a colourless landscape. Ash and Misty awake to find Pikachu and Togepi missing, but Gatomon and Patamon in their custody. Soon after reuniting, they find that they have been transported to Rainbellian, a planet where all rainbows in every dimension originate from. The Princess, Crystal, is under attack from a terrorist cell known as "The Vendetta", and has selected the four heroes to find the "Fusion Orbs", and fight the Vendetta, saving Rainbellian from it's colourless state.
Halfway through the book, it's revealed Max, Yolei, Hawkmon, Izzy, Tentomon and Meowth are also on Rainbellian. They join the main four on their quest to restore colour and defeat the Vendetta.
Tropes Appearing in Land of No Color
- Big Bad: Vendetta Rage, An extradimensional force that's inhabiting Princess Crystal's fiancée.
- Blow You Away: T.K, who possesses the Fusion Orb of Windalyr, Guardian or The Winds.
- The Chosen Many: The Main Four, Ash, Misty, T.K and Kari. Each had been selected by Princess Crystal.
- Crossover: Digimon and Pokémon.
- Damsel in Distress: Princess Crystal.
- Dishing Out Dirt / Bad with the Bone: Ash, who possesses the Fusion Orb of Ergaia, Guardian of The Earth.
- Fusion Dance: The Fusion Orbs, which allow the Main Four to combine with their monsters.
- Light The Way: Kari, in both that she is the crest of Light, and she possesses the Fusion Orb of Holion, Guardian of Light.
- Meaningful Name: The towns, cities and continents. All of them are named after colours or imply a colour. (The continents are named Reda, Blugar and Yelkow, for example.
- Splash of Color: Due to the Vendetta draining the colour from the world, anything with colour is decidedly important.
- It's importance later on is reduced seriously, and later inverted, as more and more colour is reduced, anything without colour sticks out.