Fanfic / Kitsune On Campus
Kitsune on Campus
is a Naruto
/ Mahou Sensei Negima!
crossover fic written by Asha’man of Fire. The plot is that, sometime during the Fourth Great Shinobi War, Naruto got stuck in some dimensional pocket. Thousands of years later, he breaks free, to find himself emerging from the World Tree in Mahora Academy. He soon gets a “mission” from Dean Konoe: watch over and assist Negi Springfield, both as a combat trainer & partner and as an assistant teacher. Thus the two begin to obliviously wreak sheer hormonal havoc on the girls of Mahora Academy…
Add tropes as you spot ‘em.
Last update was on 23/01/2011 (DD/MM/YYYY format) so it is, apparently, on hiatus.
Kitsune On Campus has the following tropes:
- Badass Boast: Naruto to Negi, after being underestimated - "I have stared down a demon that stood hundreds of feet tall that would like nothing better than to eat me, and told it to go screw itself. I have looked into eyes that could literally burn me into cinders with a thought, and caused them to blink. Even now, with less than half my strength, you are nothing compared to me, but that is what we are here for, right? Now, assume a form or I will beat you until you can no longer stand."
- Big Brother Mentor: Naruto is this to Negi and Kotaro.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Negi AND Naruto; worse (or better, depending on how you look at it), there are situations where their clueless chick-magnetism “reinforces” each other’s, creating a feedback loop that leaves girls nearby as beet-red hormonal wrecks while our two boys remain cheerfully oblivious. Lampshaded by Chisame in Chapter 20.
- Covert Pervert: Chizuru, more to the point of Beware the Nice Ones.
- Cuteness Proximity: The 3-A girls’ reaction to “Arashi” (Naruto using a de-aging pill to take a 10-year-old form)
- Dude Looks Like a Lady / Unsettlinggender Reveal: Evangeline’s older brother Pilip, mentioned in her backstory.
- Embarrassing Nickname: “Chibi-chan” for Evangeline, courtesy of Naruto
- Fish Out of Temporal Water (Though Naruto is adjusting without too much difficulty)
- Harmful to Minors: Defied. Says the author: “I've grown to really hate that piece of fanon, that Naruto was a living punching bag. The ANBU wouldn't allow it, the Hokage wouldn't stand for it, and if they did intentionally target a 6 year old I think there would have been blood, and not Naruto's. He was mistreated, yes, but it was not physical abuse.” “…a blatant Take That! at the Naruto suffers from child abuse portion of the fandom. I hate that idea, especially as it is so prevalent among writers, with absolutely no canon basis. I dare anyone, no, I challenge them to show me a canon page from the manga, or even the anime that says he was beaten, and not just treated badly. I'll accept hinting, but it has to be heavily implied.”
- Heroic Sacrifice: Evangeline’s older brothers Aongus and Pilip, who both covered her retreat from a hysterical mob, dooming themselves to execution to help their newly-vampirized beloved little sister.
- Marshmallow Hell / Funbag Airbag: During the southern island chapters, Naruto takes Negi’s place in getting caught in Chizuru’s bikini top, while Negi runs into Kazumi (who promptly latches onto him and hugs/holds him, so he’s still got his face stuck between a girl’s breasts except it’s a different kind of “stuck”).
- Then, during the revised "Kiss Terminator" incident, we see what happens when Chizuru means it.
- Noodle Incident: The "Rabbit Incident". It starts with some leftover rabbit stew, goes on to include a bunch of chickens and a giant pig, and ends with the interior of Evangeline's cottage becoming a disaster area. How it got that way due to those factors is, of course, never explained.
- Power Limiter: The barrier that keeps Evangeline powerless and bound to the Academy also affects Naruto to a lesser extent: he can leave the barrier, but he suffers a significant drop in power & stamina if he does, and even within the barrier he’s somewhat weakened, and his Healing Factor and rate of chakra recovery are both slowed dramatically. For this reason, he’s trying to find a way to free Evangeline and thus himself.
- Serial Escalation: Remember the Kissing Tree Incident? A poorly-worded quip from Asuna leads to mind-controlled Naruto (& his Shadow Clones) kissing every single member of 3-A.
- Shipper on Deck: Chachazero fantasizes about being cradled like a child by both Naruto and her "mummy," Eva. With the blood of their enemies falling around them like rain.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: In ch 9 when Negi says, "Nothing! Nobody confessed to me or anything!" in response to Naruto asking him if anything was wrong.
- Uncle Pennybags: Naruto, once the Icha-Icha series that he introduces (or rather re-introduces) to the world becomes a runaway hit
- When Trees Attack: Well, sort of. Because the World Tree pretty much grew around Naruto, it’s “attracted” to him. If he’s anywhere near it, it starts leaning almost-imperceptibly toward him, and if he makes physical contact it tries to absorb him. Naruto is having a hard time convincing people that the World Tree is “evil” and wants to eat him.
- Underwear-Only First Impression: Naruto’s first encounter with 3-A is walking into the class shortly after waking up in the Academy infirmary, still clad only in his boxers.