Fan Fic: Just A Little Bit Of Pixie Dust
A prequel fanfic for Disney's Peter Pan
by the author of Pretty Cure Perfume Preppy
, taking a few elements from the novels and, surprisingly enough, Hook
, to try explaining things such as how Peter came to be the little trickster
we all know and love, and showing us the showdown in which he cut off Captain Hook's hand. The story is quite unique, since here Peter is taken to Neverland, not by fairies, but by a "pan girl" named Cassidy, who is said to be predecessor of the actual Peter Pan.
The fanfic can be read here
, and so far it has five out of nine chapters put up right now.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion
- A Minor Kidroduction
- Blood from the Mouth - Cassidy is described having this during the scene in which she dies.
- Four Is Death - A variation; chapter 4 is the one in which Cassidy's Heroic Sacrifice happens.
- Fridge Brilliance - In most versions of the Peter Pan story, it's mentioned that Peter ran away to Neverland the day he was born. Here, he flies off with Cassidy the night before his 13th birthday, so it's close enough.
- Gesundheit - Said by Peter after Cassidy first mentions Neverland.
- Go Out with a Smile - Cassidy
- Heroic Sacrifice - Once again, Cassidy.
- I'm a Humanitarian - Averted, surprisingly enough, with the cannibals. According to the narrator, they were "nice enough to not eat the newcomer (Peter)".
- Killed Off for Real - Once again, Cassidy.
- Meaningful Funeral - Cassidy's in chapter 5. That girl sure had a Troperiffic death.
- Na´ve Newcomer - Peter, at first.
- No Name Given - Played straight with the Twins (Cassidy tells Peter that they spent so much time in Neverland that even they forgot), but averted with other characters such as the mermaids (two of them are given the names Shellsea and Amphirite).
- Original Character - Cassidy, as well as Peter's parents.
- Parental Abandonment - According to the narrator, Robert (Peter's father) died when Peter was 10, two years before he ran away to Neverland.
- Pajama Clad Hero - Peter at first. He might switch to the usual leaf tunic later on.
- Red Feather Of Leadership - On her death throes, Cassidy gives Tinkerbell the red feather she wears on her hair, telling her to find a new leader for the Lost Boys and eventually have said leader (which obviously turns out to be Peter) wear it.
- What Could Have Been - The author considered adding a subplot about Peter being interested on a girl named Mary (who would later grow up to become the mother of the Darling siblings), but eventually scrapped the idea.