Fan Fic / Introduce A Little Anarchy
Introduce A Little Anarchy
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Fan Fiction
by House Jr. This story follows the "Human in Equestria" genre, with a human-turned-pony known as Silas York. Unlike most protagonists of the H.I.E. genre, however, Silas holds an extremely dark background. Faced with years of child abuse from his parents as well as isolation from his classmates and associates alike, he loses it and kills both of his parents before burning his house down. Only two friends, the ones who've somehow managed to stick by him throughout his childhood, continue to do so even after the snap in his psyche. They eventually become the íThree Amigos!
in crime, known as "Neolith's Circus", and start a destruction spree which results in the destruction of dozens of homes. Eventually, the three are taken in by police and sentenced to death.
However, when Silas is put to sleep during the first phase of lethal injection, a mysterious individual with the traits of a Manipulative Bastard
rescues him from death, converts him into the body of a pony, and sends him into the world of Equestria with only vague explanations. Confused, dazed, and at least a little angry, he sets off to try and settle in with the populace while at the same time attempting to figure out the motives behind his rescue. And there's the fact that he's continuously being harassed by his own criminal past...
- Adorkable: Twilight can act like this when you ask her about her favorite subject mythology.
- Affably Evil: Outside of violence, Russell and Cassie can pretty much be described as regular human beings. Inside, however...
- Amusing Injuries: From getting punched in the face to getting jumped by a bunch of angry children, Silas has a habit of suffering this in the first few chapters.
- Ass Kicks You: Silas promptly hip-checks Scootaloo in the face when she innocently grabs his butt.
- Ass Shove: A mild version happens with Silas and Fluttershy, when his face ends up bumping into her tail and her rear when he's not watching where he's going. She doesn't seem to notice.
- Ambition Is Evil: In an attempt to wake up the world around him, Silas and his friends lets the populace of Texas know the results of social rejection... by burning down everything in their path.
- Backstory: The majority of the prologue explains it... in a dark and bloody fashion.
- Badass: The trio known as "Neolith's Circus" definitely qualify.
- Silas bucks a manticore in the face right after taking a scarring blow to the leg, and later on Russell and Cassie take on a large group of Royal Guard members in bare-hooved combat... and win.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Silas' POV cheerfully admits he is an "agent of chaos" and views it as ultimate freedom.
- Cartoon Physics: Poor Silas gets a taste of one of Applejack's greeting hoofshakes.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: When the "Ataxia Protocol" is initiated, Russell and Cassie tear apart a entire squadron of Royal Guards with their bare hands - er, hooves.
- Deadpan Snarker: Silas, as well as the canon examples.
- Flashback Cut: Silas experiences a brief flashback while he's walking through Rarity's hallway, and it's of him being strapped down to a girdle while being rolled away to his demise. This understandably makes him freak out and want to get away from that particular hallway as quickly as possible.
- Incoming Ham: The first chapter. Dear Celestia, the first chapter.
- Villain Protagonist
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Russell and Cassie.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Beneath all of his Card-Carrying Villain persona, Silas is ultimately a very unhappy individual who wants people to understand the hell that is living in the cracks of society.