Fanfic / In The Circle Of Elemental Arms
Ouran High School. In this world, it trains the wealthiest members of society to use their gifts of manipulating the elements of Light, Darkness, Lightning, Fire, Wind, Earth and Water. But this year scholarship student Haruhi Fujioka is thrown into the middle of the Host Club, a Bleached Underpants
version of the real thing that also doubles as a secret tutoring session. After breaking a Priceless Ming Vase
filled with orbs of elemental energy (increasing its worth exponentially), Haruhi begins working for the club and ends up a host after a duel between the Club and some of their rivals nearly goes wrong...
So you think you know this story? You would likely be wrong. After the hosts and Haruhi become close, they forge an illegal Circle, permanently binding them and their powers together. And then it goes From Bad to Worse
, what with deaths, blackmail and all sorts of nasty things.
Can be found here
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Action Mom: Haruhi's mother while she lived since she and her Circle were the defenders of a certain section of the city.
- Berserk Button: Threatening Haruhi, just as in canon. In the blackmail incident mentioned above, Haruhi's payment is supposed to be becoming the blackmailer's lover. All of the hosts FREAK, complete with Mori outright stating "He will die for this dishonor."
- Big Brother Instinct: Mori is LIVID when an exchange between Haruhi and a blackmailer goes wrong and Huni ends up unconscious.
- Dark is Evil: The Darkness Elemental of the Circle that's been murdering Circle hopefuls.
- Dark is Not Evil: Kyouya is living proof of this trope in this AU.
- Elemental Powers: Basically the point of this AU. They include:
- The Heart: Haruhi oddly enough and so much so that despite their Circle-forging instructions state that Kaoru should be the center of the Circle as the Lightning, he objects, saying that it feels wrong and that Haruhi should switch with him. EVERYONE agrees with him.
- Hot for Teacher / Hot for Student: Haruhi and her Circle-forged-Elemental teacher develop mutual attraction to each other though it's unclear just how much he likes her exactly.
- Light is Good: Tamaki.
- Light is Not Good: The Light Elemental of the Circle that's been murdering Circle hopefuls.
- Power Incontinence: All of the hosts get hit with this after their Circle-forging but Hikaru worst of all since his Fire powers are so strong that he burns Kaoru with a simple touch.
- True Companions: The whole point of Circles.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: A higher-level Earth Elemental skill.
- Would Hurt a Child: The Circle responsible for all of the misforgings of Circles. They were shown to be willing to let Kasanoda misforge his Circle, were responsible for numerous deaths of teenagers and were willing to let Hikaru bleed out during their duel with the Host Club.