Forgive Us Our Trespasses
Envy (referring to the newest homunculus).
is a fanfic written by CelticKawaii
, is a fanfiction set in the world of Fullmetal Alchemist
(the 2003 anime version
). It predominantly centers around the lives of three Original Characters
, (one of them a homunculus
) after being sent through the Gate
into the world of FMA.
The main character is Vengeance
, a homunculus created when one of the Gate-crossers tries to save his friend after she turns out to be dead. After the revival goes badly
, she is recruited by Envy and brought back to the homunculi's base. From there, we see her come to live up to her name
, and are later on introduced to Venge
's former friends, who are now coping with her loss.
Now has its own character sheet
- Action Girl: Raven, when she needs to be.
- A-Cup Angst: Vengeance. It's usually Played for Laughs whenever someone points it out or recognizes it as her foremost defining trait.
- Adorkable: Joshua. Made more obvious by him having the most realistic diction of all the characters.
- Anti-Hero: Pretty much all the heroes in the story.
- Badass Adorable: If Josh is anything to go by, Vengeance.
Vengeance: You're Joshua, right?
Josh: Um, do I know you? You're kinda cute.
- Raven would count as this too.
- Badass Bookworm: Raven.
- Berserk Button: Several. Along with the obvious reaction Ed has to being called short, the normally mild-mannered Raven doesn't take too kindly to someone breaking her glasses.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Happens on occasion, but Chapter 12's Lampshade Hanging of a Series Continuity Error takes the cake:
Josh: I had a leg for an entire chapter!
- Crack Fic: The story certainly has shades of this.
- Foe Yay: Envy and Vengeance are rather egregious about this; Envy pulled her into something of a glomp (which she wasn't amused by), though his intent was to annoy her. Then there's Vengeance, who at times sounds like she's flirting with Envy. Not to mention how, between her reaction to being called flat and calling out the fact that Envy would be nicer to Lust than her.
- Vengeance and Josh, to a lesser extent. Right before they start fighting, Josh tells her that he thinks she looks cute. And then there's Vengeance being so obsessed with finding him, and also not intending to kill him.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Employed at times, with Vengeance being the most guilty. Though in some cases it's justified (she uses either "sensei" or some honorific for Envy because he kicked her ass and told her to), but other times it's done for comedic effect. But then, what did you expect from an author like CelticKawaii?
- Jerkass: Envy, oh so much. Not that Vengeance is really much better...
- Sailor Earth: Vengeance, the eighth homunculus. According to Dante though, she's meant to be some kind of backup for the others.
- Slapstick Knows no Gender: Most of the Comedic Sociopathy that's more or less Played for Laughs is directed at Vengeance.
- Villain Protagonist: The other homunculi and Vengeance take up most of the focus in the start of the plot.