Fan Fic: Dangan Ronpa Equestria
Dangan Ronpa Equestria: The Elements of Hope and Despair is a crossover with Dangan Ronpa
It's written by Nyte-Blade on Fimfiction.net.
This story takes place several years after Twilight Sparkle's princess Coronation.
A school she opened called the Academy of Magic and Friendship makes it's grand opening at last. Shady Daze and Featherweight, two stallions who work for the Ponyville Express and former students of Miss Cheerilee's class are late because Shady overslept on the train to Canterlot. After a brief rush to the gates, the two ponies pass out in front of a statue depicting the Elements of Harmony.
When they awaken, they find themselves in a room with the other classmates they were supposed to attend the tour. It seems that the tour was taken over by a strange black and white teddy bear and self proclaimed king, Monobear.
Not only have they ended up in the Kingdom of Mutual Killing, the ponies have all received Super High-School Level titles!
The only way to go home is by "Promotion", and the only way to gain that, is to commit a perfect murder.
This edition of the popular visual novel strays from the canon series, written as if it all began in Equestria.
Plenty of spoilers marked below. Highlight at your own risk.
Read the fanfic here!
This Fanfic contains the following examples:
- Big Bad: Monobear is the source of the conflict here.
- Bodyofthe Week: It is a murder mystery after all.
- Breaking Speech: Rumble tends to deliver these to the culprit and their friend, instigating a S.F.B.(Sinking Friendship Battle.)
- Closed Circle: The "Kingdom of Mutual Killing" seems to be a legitimate kingdom closed off by a magical dome of sorts.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: The executions as always!
- Driven to Suicide: The second murder's whole plot involved an attempted Murder-suicide. The culprit even tried this the second she was figured out!
- Do with Him as You Will: The first trial ended this way, After Snips's failed attempt of escaping from his execution, Shady demands that Monobear have him executed.
- Empty Chair Memorial: Just like in the games, whenever a character dies, a portrait is put in their place in the trial room.
- Expy: Rumble likes to give advice just before the trials, just like Kyoko Kirigiri. On the other hand, he's about as right in the head as Nagito Komaeda.
- Fanboy: Snails is a Trixie fanboy, and Pipsqueak is a Nightmare Moon fanboy according to his free-time event!
- He Knows Too Much: Why Dinky Doo was murdered in Chapter 2. If only she didn't butt in...
- Heroic BSOD: After Shady's attempted murder is stopped, he can only scream as Miss Cheerilee held him tight. The subsequent murder of his target is enough to snap him out of it.
- Jerkass: Diamond Tiara, and to a lesser extent, Silver Spoon. Also Shady Daze, after Featherweight's murder.
- Red Herring:
- During the first trial, Apple Bloom acted very suspiciously, but it turns out that she KNEW who the culprit was long ago, thanks to Doggy Duty being shifted to her when Featherweight died.
- Chapter 2. Those who read their motive during Monobear's Aesop Madness didn't commit the crime, but it did lead to it, especially when the Cutie Mark Crusaders got involved, making all three incredibly suspicious.
- Split Personality: Subverted in Chapter 2. Scootaloo doesn't have one, but she did finally snap, shifting to a much more cold-blooded personality.
- Unwitting Pawn: In Chapter 2, The CMC end up one for the culprit halfway through their attempt to help. Averted with Scootaloo when she figured it out, but went along with it anyway.
- Verbal Tic: Pipsqueak tends to end his sentences in 'ya know' a lot.
- Yandere: Twist is mocked by Monobear for being this just before her execution.