"I've had enough! If this is how I will be treated than it's over! I don't want to be friends with any of you!"Circus Days
-Spike to the Mane Six
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
Spike had been felling down lately: under-appreciated, lonely and always left behind in the library while the Mane Six go around having fun. Then one day they visit a circus; the girls get lost in the fun, leaving Spike all alone. He accidentally meets the performers, and ends up on the stage. After that he is offered the chance to join the circus, leaving Twilight and the others behind. Will he do that?
Can be found here:
This fanfiction provides examples of:
- All Just a Dream: Parodied: Spike thinks that the day at the circus was this after waking up. Then the girls wait to throw him a "we love you" party.
- Badass Adorable: Spike. See under Took a Level in Badass.
- The Beastmaster: Fluttershy aside, Marik actually Alec the ringmaster also qualify.
- Big Damn Heroes: The girls coming to rescue Spike in the penultimate chapter.
- The Cavalry Arrives Late: The Royal Guards and Celestia arrive only after the circus gang was defeated.
- Character Development: For everyone involved. Spike being more assertive to voice when he is unhappy, and the girls realize they must treat him like one of them.
- Circus of Fear: The circus is really a front for poachers, and Spike happens to be the next target...
- Continuity Nod: Spike references several events of the show during his "The Reason You Suck" Speech.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Deconstructed: Spike chews out the Mane Six for how much they take him for granted and ignore him.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Spike is left alone, forgotten, cut his ties with his friends and almost gets killed by the poachers. He would say it was worth it, thank you very much.
- Evil All Along: The circus performers are actually poachers who plan of skinning Spike.
- Evil Poacher: What the circus performers really are.
- Fantastic Racism: Spike mentions that several ponies of Ponyville seems afraid of him.
- The boss of the poachers says several anti-dragon things,but it could be more a case of Villainous Breakdown.
- Killed Off for Real: Alec, for several murders, is sentenced to death. The other three get a life sentence.
- Jerkass Realization: The Mane Six, but is more a case of Innocently Insensitive Realization.
- Make a Wish: Spike in the beginning wish upon a star to have some friends. Alec overhears him, and sets up a trap for him.
- Mama Bear: Celestia comes personally to help after learning Spike was in danger.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Spike delivers a very frustrated one to Twilight and her friends.
- Strong as They Need to Be: Twilight and Rarity compete in a magic tournament, and from what they tell they were evenly matched, while in the show they are nowhere near in terms of power.
- Took a Level in Badass: Spike put up a really good fight against the poachers.
- Would Hurt a Child:In fact, this is exactly the reason why they want Spike, since they wouldn't have any chance to capture an adult dragon.