Fan Fic / Alchemical Empire
is an in-progress My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfiction
by Not Actually Things
(known here as Communist Beans
It begins after the events of Season 3's finale
with Celestia remembering someone or several someones they lost a long time ago, while Twilight goes on about golems and a strange airship makes its way for Equestria.
The story so far contains a few nods to Pony POV Series
and the author states there will be more, and that "certain mechanics" of the universe are adapted from it.
Alchemical Empire contains examples of:
- Artificial Equine: Golems are essentially this; they are created artificially, but have free will... it's just that standard golem ponies are docile and generally willing to follow orders. Equinculi are psychologically more like normal beings.
- Empty Eyes: Golems have this, at least in a sense: they have colored irises, but no pupil. Besides not having an actual coat, this is one of the most visible signs that a pony is a golem. Empress Aleph, on the other hand, has Dull Eyes of Unhappiness with flat black pupils. Why this is has not yet been explained.
- Golem: Introduces and explores the concept in the FIM universe, with two varieties: regular golems and more advanced versions called Equinculi.
- My Greatest Failure: Celestia regards the Nightmare Moon incident as this, but an earlier incident involving golems (strongly implied to be around the time of Discord's first defeat) seems to come a close second.
- The Quiet One: Could be said to be the hat of standard golems; it's not so much that they rarely speak as it is their having extremely muted emotions. Equinculi have fairly normal emotional ranges, but somehow seem a little off.
- Uncanny Valley: In-universe, Twilight is a little unnerved by the first golem she speaks to. A griffin is also scared away by the fact that all the golem troops on the airship are pretty much identical.