Fanfic / A Dark Sky
A group of terrorists known as the Shadowbolts are confronted with old grudges, past loves, and even their own morals as they set out to destroy the Wonderbolts and anypony who gets in their way.A Dark Sky
is a fanfic by MetalHooves, starring a quintet of characters from a piece of fan art by YoorPorick.◊
It can be read here.
A Dark Sky provides examples of:
- Bribe Backfire: Starry Skies' family tries to bribe the Wonderbolts into accepting her daughter as a member of the team. It doesn't go over.
- Competition Freak: Nightshade's spartan treatment by her mother caused her to turn into a highly aggressive athlete that cannot accept anything less than success.
- Cute and Psycho: Blueball Blitz is on par with Pinkie Pie when it comes to a personality that is cheerful, extrovert, and obnoxiously friendly. But when the time comes for somepony to be hurt badly or even killed, she's the mare who's all too willing to do the job.
- 5 Bad Band
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: Blueball.
- Hero Killer: The Shadowbolts' main goal throughout the story is to get their revenge on the Wonderbolts. They succeed.
- It Never Gets Any Easier: Stratus knows this all too well. Charger learns it, too.
- Psycho Electro: Blueball Blitz can utilize electricity and is mentally unstable.
- Rabid Cop: Stratus often injured criminals more than he had to when making arrests.
- Revenge Before Reason: Nightshade wouldn't have formed the Shadowbolts otherwise.
- Ride the Lightning: Blueball Blitz can fly so fast that she can literally make herself look like a bolt of lightning. Doing this also causes everything to go into slow motion as if the whole world around her had come to a complete stop.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Starry Skies' hatred of the Wonderbolts is fueled by their refusal to accept her father's money for a spot on the team.
- Shock and Awe: Blueball Blitz's tail and mane are actively arcing with electricity that she can utilize at will.
- Street Smart: Charger, as a former drug-dealer.