- The Wotch by Anne Onymous.
- 2048, a singularly anvilicious dystopian novel that could best be described as Nineteen Eighty Four meets The Handmaid's Tale only much, much worse, attributed to Erica Blair.
- Primary Colors by Anonymous. Fifteen years later, "O" by Anonymous.
- A Prussian nobleman wrote plays under the name J.E. Mand — jemand is German for "someone."
- Go Ask Alice... allegedly.
- The Bride Stripped Bare. Australian Nikki Gemmell eventually revealed her authorship.
- The Name Of This Book Is Secret and its sequels by Pseudonymous Bosch.
- Frankenstein, on its initial publication, to hide that the author was a young woman.
- During her lifetime, Jane Austen's novels only identified the author with the words "By a Lady".