- Goose Version: Pick a character each. Drink when their callsign is said. Choice usually made by picking out of a hat.
- Viper Version: Everyone drinks every time any callsign is said. Try and survive the opening scene.
- Charlie Version: Drink every time "Danger Zone" starts playing. This is marginally more survivable.
- Merlin Version: Drink every time a character repeats himself ("What's been hit? What's been hit?"). Have Poison Control on standby.
- The line is "Wood's been hit! Wood's been hit!" (referring to "Hollywood").
- Iceman Version: Drink every time there's a gay moment. Line up a liver transplant in advance.
- Artistic License – Military Version: For those with a military background only. Drink everytime you see a mistake. Only to be played with a designated driver and on a night when no one has to go to work the next day. because all the players will get totally shitfaced.
Drinking Game / Top Gun
Drinking game for Top Gun: