- Chug a beer for a soliloquy.
- Drink whenever a vagina joke is made.
- Drink whenever a famous actor is clearly shoehorned into the movie.
- Drink whenever a flashback or scene clearly not in the original text happens.
- Do a shot every time BRIAN BLESSED appears onscreen. Take a sip of beer every time Kenneth Branagh is clearly trying to out-ham him.
- Drink whenever Gérard Depardieu says "My lord".
- Drink whenever someone enters/exits through a secret door.
- Do a shot for every major character who dies in the final scene.
For the play in general:
Take a drink whenever
- A new expendable character appears.
- Horatio says "my lord."
- Ophelia says "my lord."
- Claudius uses the Royal "We".
- Polonius is about to stop talking . . . and then doesn't.
- Hamlet compares someone to a mythological figure.