Darth Wiki / Orgoroth
An incomplete work by Pani Poni Duh
. Set in a world that may be our own, the plot kicks off with a young man being found asleep in the desert by an inventor of Humongous Mecha
. He takes pity on the man, and activates one of the robots, called Orgoroth, and leaves it for him as a gift. The young man in question is Penn Weber, a boy who seeks the secret of eternal life.
After waking up, Penn climbs inside the robot and checks it out. Immediately, he is confronted by another mecha, this one piloted by a mysterious masked girl. This is Rybys (no last name), and, after a brief duel, they band together on Penn's quest. But at the same time, the beings known as Jinn are following them, looking for a way to resurrect the first of their number, Iblis...
Drawing from sources including The Epic of Gilgamesh
, Islamic teachings, and the works of Philip K. Dick
, Orgoroth is a story of adolescence and of finding meaning in life when confronted with one's own mortality. Or, at least it will be, once it's finished.
provides examples of:
- Big Bad: Iblis. A literal 'Big Bad', actually, considering that he's twice the mass of the known universe.
- Demonic Invaders: The Jinn.
- Farm Boy: Penn was this, until he left home to go on his quest.
- Humongous Mecha: Orgoroth and others.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Rybys has red hair.
- Kuudere: Rybys.
- Shout-Out: Rybys' name is a reference to The Divine Invasion, sequel to VALIS.
- Super Robot: Averted. While most of the mecha are treated like Super Robots, the impracticalities of mecha are mentioned and explanations are given (the mecha is built on a tough, steel frame with light armor, it has large feet, etc).
- The Dragon: Shaytan to Iblis.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Averted at first, Penn has no qualms about fighting Rybys when they meet. Played straight afterwards, though.