Vihart is a "recreational mathemusician" with a site
and a Youtube channel
. She really gained her fame when John Green discovered her
as part of The Station Is Watching You, and has since gotten herself over 180,000 subscribers on Youtube. As you could guess from her "job title," her videos center around math and a little music, as well as doodling.
Vihart provides examples of:
- Call Back: In The Gauss Chrismath Special.
- Catch Phrase: As previously mentioned, "Let's say/Pretend you're me and your in math class..."
- Christmas Special: The Gauss Christmath Special
- Cool Teacher: Fans want her to be theirs.
- Detached Sleeves: She is seen wearing these on a regular basis, but they fit close enough to her arms that one could mistake them for a sweater due to how her hands are usually the only part of her seen in most videos.
- Food Porn: Her Thanksgiving mathematical food videos, with the capper being a Turduckenailail-enailail-duckenailail-enailail, a turkey stuffed with two ducks, each stuffed with two hens, each stuffed with two quail eggs. Also her "hex mex" hexaflexagon burrito.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Comments on her videos and channel have included such gems as "she sounds hot and nerdy," "are you single," "i want to make babies with you," and "my brain has an erection."
- Running Gag: Many of her videos have some form of this, including Beans for "What was up with Pythagoras?" and Angry Birds in Connecting Dots.
- Shout Out: She's done plenty.