Creator / Toshiki Inoue
Toshiki Inoue was born in Saitama, Japan in 1959. He's the son of the man who wrote the script for the original Kamen Rider
, Masaru Igami. He is well known for writing anime and Tokusatsu. He was also involved in the sheer Executive Meddling
of Kamen Rider Hibiki
and since then, he is somewhat despised among the Kamen Rider
No relation to Masahiro Inoue, the actor who portrayed Tsukasa Kadoya in Kamen Rider Decade
His involvement in certain works include:
Tropes associated with his writing style:
- Anyone Can Die: In some cases.
- Conflict Ball: Part of the Signature Style, as it mostly runs off of Poor Communication Kills.
- Darker and Edgier: He sure likes his grit. When watching one of his series, you should expect lots of angsting, heavy arguments between characters and at least one character dying.
- Disposable Woman: Likes to kill off female characters just to give the male heroes motivation to fight the villains, or something to angst about.
- Fanservice: He often has female characters placed in this.
- According to him, after Jetman ended, he wrote several that goes a lot more in the romantic part about it. As a side effect of keeping it a kid's show. He replaced romantic undertones with plenty of eating.
- Fantastic Racism: Most of the enemy races in series written by him look down on humanity. They believe their superiority over humans gives them the right to rule over or exterminate them.
- Never Found the Body: Loves to do this through his signature action of characters getting through off of bridges.
- Poor Communication Kills: Boy howdy, does it ever. In many cases, the problems characters face in his works would be solved if they would just sit down and talk about it for a few minutes.
- Sacrificial Lamb / Sacrificial Lion: Introduces characters just to kill them off. Most of these are female, tying them to the Disposable Woman trope.