Quantic Dream is a Paris-based Video Game
developer studio founded in 1997 by David De Gruttola, better known under his pen name David Cage. The studio's games are famous for their cinematic and emotion- and thought-provoking storylines
, but perhaps equally infamous for the amount of Quick Time Events
that dominate the gameplay.
Games produced by the studio:
- Omikron: The Nomad Soul (1999; Dreamcast, PC; PlayStation port cancelled)
- Quark (cancelled)
- Fahrenheit (2005; PC, PlayStation 2, Xbox; retitled Indigo Prophecy in the US)
- Heavy Rain (2010)
- Heavy Rain Chronicles Episode 1: The Taxidermist
- Heavy Rain: Move Edition
- Beyond: Two Souls (2013)
- Omikron 2 (TBA)
Films and tech demos produced by the studio:
- Immortal (2004): QD produced most of the CGI cinematics in the movie.
- The Casting (2006): The tech demo for what would eventually become Heavy Rain. Its heroine appears in the game as Lauren Winter.
- Kara (2012): The tech demo for Beyond, produced in 2011 but unreleased to public for a year. Similarities between the eponymous character and Beyond's heroine Jodi have been noted.
- The Dark Sorcerer (2013): Tech demo for the Playstation 4. Notable for being a comedy, especially surprising considering all of Quantic Dream's previous projects all took themselves seriously.