Morena Baccarin, born June 2, 1979, is a Brazilian American film and television actress best known for roles in several American science fiction television series: as Inara Serra in the series Firefly and the follow-up film Serenity; as Adria in the series Stargate SG-1 and the follow-up film The Ark of Truth; as recurring character Erica Flint in The Mentalist and as Anna in the 2009 version of the series V. She co-starred as Jessica Brody in the Showtime series Homeland. She has also voiced several DC-Comics characters. She is married to director Austin Chick and they have a son, Julius. However, she became romantically involved with her Gotham co-star Benjamin McKenzie, causing Chick to file for divorce, and she gave birth to her daughter with Mckenzie March 2, 2016.
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia as Carmen the Tranny in the original Pilot. She was replaced with Brittany Daniel once FX greenlit it.
- Firefly (2002-2003) as Inara Serra
- Serenity (2005) as Inara Serra
- Justice League (2005-2006) as Black Canary
- Stargate SG-1 (2006-2007) as Adria
- The Ark of Truth (2008) as Adria
- V (2009-2011) as Anna
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2011) as Cheetah
- Homeland (2011-2013) as Jessica Brody
- The Mentalist (2011-2014) as Erica Flynn
- The Good Wife (2012-2013) as Isobel Swift
- Son of Batman (2014) as Talia al Ghul
- The Flash (2014-2016) as Gideon note
- Gotham (2015) as Dr. Leslie Thompkins
- Deadpool (2016) as Vanessa Carlysle
Tropes associated this actress:
- Damsel in Distress: Since she often plays the Love Interest of a name character, she often winds up captured. This is most notable in Gotham and Deadpool; She is constantly in distress in Gotham and while Deadpool does see her be far more proactive than most damsels, it did have the ironic line "I've played a lot of roles. Damsel in distress ain't one of them."
- Ms. Fanservice: Had a Toplessness from the Back scene in Firefly and a fairly revealing couple of sex scenes in Deadpool. She went topless in Death In Love and multiple times on Homeland as well.