Michael Ansara (April 15, 1922 — July 31, 2013) was a Syrian-born American stage, screen and voice actor.He first rose to prominence in the 1950s as the Native American Cochise on Broken Arrow. He also played Apache Marshal Sam Buckhart in Law of the Plainsman, a spin-off of The Rifleman. During filming, 20th Century Fox set up a date between him and actress Barbara Eden, who would eventually play Jeannie on I Dream of Jeannie. The two eventually got married and had a son together.Among sci-fi fans, he's famous for playing the Klingon captain Kang in the Star Trek: The Original Series episode "Day of the Dove", a role he would reprise decades later on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager.But it was his portrayal of Mr. Freeze in the DCAU which would garner him the greatest acclaim of all. Starting in the Batman: The Animated Series episode "Heart of Ice", he changed Freeze from a silly and unremarkable one-shot villain from the Silver Age into a tragic Anti-Villain.He passed away in July 2013 at age 91.
- Broken Arrow (1956 TV series)
- The Rifleman - "The Indian", "The Raid"
- The Outer Limits (1963) - "Soldier"
- I Dream of Jeannie
- Star Trek: The Original Series - "Day of the Dove"
- Rambo: The Force of Freedom (as the series' Big Bad, General Warhawk)
- Batman: The Animated Series - "Heart of Ice", "Deep Freeze", "Cold Comfort"
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - "Blood Oath"
- Star Trek: Voyager - "Flashback"
- Batman And Mister Freeze Subzero
- Batman Beyond - "Meltdown"