"Media-what-ecule? Sounds like something I gotta get to a doctor to fix."
Media Molecule is a Video Game developer since January 4, 2006. They are currently a first party developer for Sony with games on the Playstation 3, with various titles spun off to the Playstation Portable and PlayStation Vita. They are most widely known for their Breakthrough Hit, LittleBigPlanet.Needs Wiki Magic Love
Video games developed by this company:
Spinoff games based on their IPs include:
- LittleBigPlanet Karting (Developed by United Front Games)
- LittleBigPlanet PSP (Developed by Guerrilla Cambridge)
- LittleBigPlanet Hub
- LittleBigPlanet PS Vita (Developed by Tarsier Studios and Double Eleven)
- LittleBigPlanet 3 (Developed by Sumo Digital)
- Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves (Developed by XDev)
- Run Sackboy! Run! (Also by XDev)
Media Molecule features the following tropes:
- Author Appeal: Mac laptops. Their offices are full of them. They even draw on them with permanent marker.
- Most of their trailer and even in-game music are licensed from Sony Records.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Right now, we're not sure if it's just their public relations dudes or their entire organization. But based on their blogs, you'd think these guys are either childish or nuts. (In a good way.)
- Mascot: Sackboy, obviously.
- The Internet Is for Cats: They wholeheartedly believe this, using video on their site (originally from rathergood.com) which explains how the internet is made of cats.
- Mundane Made Awesome: You know these people are crazy when they blog and make a big deal about a cake party... and then treat the subsequent running out of cake as Serious Business.