Makoto Raiku is the Japanese Mangaka whose works have appeared in Shonen Sunday and Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine. He started out as an assitant for Kazuhiro Fujita, working on Ushio and Tora, and eventually began publishing his own works.
- Animal Land
- Bird Man
- Class Room
- Genmai Blade
- Grief Warrior Hero Ba-Ban
- Newtown Heroes
- Oyaju Rider
- Vector Ball
- Zatch Bell!!
Tropes associated with Raiku:
- Animalistic Abomination: Raiku showed a slight interest in drawing giant scary monsters in Zatch Bell, and went on to draw more in that series' Gaiden chapter and his horror one-shot "Class Room". This interest blossomed into fascination in Animal Land, which is chock full of huge creepy things.
- Art Evolution: The change between Zatch Bell and Animal Land is amazing.
- And then it goes straight back into the weird style used to have, in Vector Ball.
- Author Avatar: As shown above.