You... um... really wouldn't guess to look at her that she plays an eleven year old girl.Maisie Williams
(born April 15 1997) is a British actress. Her only role so far outside of school theater has been as Arya Stark on the HBO
series Game of Thrones
. Her standout performance has received considerable acclaim, especially in light of her rather short resume, mixed with the extremely heavy material and experienced actors she's had to work with. In March 2013, it was announced she will star in the upcoming Sci-Fi Action Adventure
movie We Are Monsters
. She was also announced to play the lead role in the indie silent film Corvidae
(look at its indiegogo entry here
).Now on Twitter!
(Warning: she has discovered Vine.
- Dawson Casting: Starting in series 4, once Maisie hit puberty.
- Does Not Like Shoes: By her own admission.
- Dyeing for Your Art: She got her hair cut short for the show's second season. She also learned to use a sword with her left hand, as Arya is a leftie (Maisie herself is right-handed).
- In fact, the producers offered to make Arya right-handed in the show, but Maisie herself insisted she remain a leftie, knowing how much the fans would want to see it.
- Older Than She Looks: She's only a year younger than Sophie Turner, while the Stark sisters have several years between them.
- Shipper on Deck: Supports Arya/Gendry, mostly because she has a crush on Joe Dempsie, who plays Gendry.
- Suppressed Mammaries: Is about 4-5 years older than her character in Game of Thrones, and thus is padded down to look younger. Compare pictures of her in the show with those of her at the premieres or conventions.