Margaret Constance "Maisie" Williams (born April 15, 1997) is a British actress. Her first role outside of school theater has been as Arya Stark on the HBO series Game of Thrones. Her standout performance has received considerable acclaim, especially in light of her rather short resume, mixed with the extremely heavy material and experienced actors she's had to work with. In March 2013, it was announced she will star in the upcoming Sci-Fi Action-Adventure movie We Are Monsters. She also was in Cyberbully (2015). She was also announced to play the lead role in the indie silent film Corvidae (look at its indiegogo entry here) and is rumored to be playing Ellie in a live-action film of The Last of Us.In 2015 she had a recurring role in Series 9 of Doctor Who as Ashildr (AKA "Me"), a girl from a Viking village. She's appeared as Lucy in The Film of the Book of iBoy in 2017. In 2018, she had a voice role in the animated film Early Man. She's also set to star as Wolfsbane in 2019's The New Mutants, based on the Marvel Comics of the same name.Now on Twitter! (Warning: she has discovered Vine.)And now, she has her own personal YouTube channel.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The little gal to her close friend Sophie Turner. It helps that they're the same age.
- Cast Incest: Maisie and Sophie "Sansa" Turner play this for laughs by joking about shipping themselves and sometimes groping each other in public.
- Dawson Casting: Starting in season 4, once Maisie hit puberty.
- Dyeing for Your Art: She got her hair cut short for the show's second season. She also learned to use a sword with her left hand, as Arya is a leftie (Maisie herself is right-handed). The producers offered to make Arya right-handed in the show, but Maisie herself insisted she remain a leftie, knowing how much the fans would want to see it.
- One of Us: After participating in a Game of Thrones panel at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con, she later joined the crowd at Comic-Con, wearing a Spider-Man mask so she could tour the convention floor without being recognized. She's also a fan of Hat Films, as seen here, which caused the trio to freak out quite a bit.
- Reclusive Artist: She is determined to keep her personal life as private as possible. She stated from the start that her Youtube channel would rarely be updated, and while she posts fairly regularly on Twitter and Instagram, she's only shared a few intimate details. She's revealed (in seperate interviews) both that she'd lost her virginity and had a boyfriend, but has only said that he's not in show business and refuses to tell his name.
- Shipper on Deck: Supports Arya/Gendry, although that's mostly because she has a crush on Joe Dempsie, who plays Gendry.
- She's All Grown Up: Look at the first episode of the show, and then look at her pictures on her Instagram account.
- Suppressed Mammaries: She's about 4-5 years older than her character in Game of Thrones, and thus is padded down to look younger. Compare pictures of her in the show with those of her at the premieres or conventions.