Elizabeth Egan "Liz" Gillies (born July 26, 1993,) is an American actress and singer. She's best known for her roles of Lucy in Thirteen, Jade in Victorious, Mandy in the horror movie Animal, Callie Ross in the Lifetime movie Killing Daddy, Gigi in SexAndDrugsAndRockAndRoll, Heather in the Vacation reboot, and Fallon Carrington on Dynasty (2017). Despite what these roles may suggest, she's really quite nice. In case you'd want to follow her, she has a Twitter account, YouTube account, an Instagram, and a Facebook.Compare Ariana Grande.
Liz Gillies's work exhibits the following tropes:
- Amicable Exes: She's on good terms with her former boyfriend and Thirteen co-star Eric Nelsen, and is friend with his wife Sainty Nelsen.
- Covered in Gunge: Happened to her on an episode of Figure It Out, as it happens to everyone; unlike some, she didn't cower in her seat but took off her hat, shook her hair in the shower of gunge like a model in a shampoo commercial, stood up and put up her hands in a victory symbol, and actually dumped an extra double handful of it on her head at the end, to the appreciation of the fans.
- Deadpan Snarker: To a delightful degree in real life. To a terrifying degree as Jade.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: As Jade, until she got a tan over the summer and dyed her hair black to better complement it.
- Gag Boobs: She makes plenty of jokes about her being well-endowed.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: with Ariana Grande and Victoria Justice . Very, very few people people actually get the "heterosexual" part, though. In their defense, sometimes they don't help.
- Platonic Life Partners: with another of her Victorious co-stars, Matt Bennett.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: On Victorious, Jade is probably the biggest and most terrifying uber-bitch in all of Nickelodeon TV. In real life, Liz is actually very warm and humble - essentially the complete opposite.
- Ms. Fanservice: Just look at the picture.
- Odd Friendship: She is friends with Seth MacFarlane.
- Singing Voice Dissonance: Her singing voice sounds very different from her speaking voice but it still sounds amazing.
- The Perfectionist: Has mentioned in a few interviews that she is this.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: The number of voices she does on Victorious alone is quite impressive, she did a very convincing "man voice" during one of Sikowitz's drive-by acting exercises, and of course there's Jade's impression of Tori, which is actually Liz's impression of Judy Garland. In fact, in "Locked Up", during a scene in which Tori attempted to imitate Jade's mocking of her, Elizabeth Gillies actually dubbed that line. In other words, Liz voiced Victoria Justice attempting to imitate Liz's imitation of Judy Garland. In the episode "Opposite Date", she did a spot-on impression of Cat, including her distinct laugh. In addition, she played Daphne on Winx Club, in a voice that sounds totally different from her normal voice.
- The voice she used when she and Ariana prank called Avan Jogia in this video.