"If the script is good, the cast and director good, I'll go anywhere."Ken Watanabe ((渡辺 謙, born October 21, 1959 in Koide, Niigata) is a Japanese actor.Internationally, he is one of the best known current Japanese actors, due to his parts in films such as The Last Samurai, Letters from Iwo Jima, Inception, Memoirs of a Geisha.Do not confuse with Akeno Watanabe.
- Tampopo as Gun
- The Last Samurai as Katsumoto
- Memoirs of a Geisha as the Chairman
- Batman Begins as Ra's al Ghul's decoy
- Letters from Iwo Jima as General Tadamichi Kuribayashi
- Inception as Saito
- Unforgiven (Japanese remake) as Jubei Kamata
- Godzilla as Doctor Serizawa
- Transformers: Age of Extinction as Drift
- Isle of Dogs as Head Surgeon
Tropes to be found in his works:
- Samurai: His most famous Japanese role was as Date Masamune in an NHK drama. And his most famous international role was also a samurai, Katsumoto in The Last Samurai.