John Fugelsang is an actor and political comedian. He has appeared on numerous TV and radio programs such as The Stephanie Miller Show
, CNN, FOX, Air America, and YouTube
He has a blog here: http://www.blog.johnfugelsang.com/
John Fugelsang provides examples of the following tropes:
- Ascended Extra: He started off as a recurring guest on The Young Turks, and later became the host for Viewpoint on Current TV.
- As the Good Book Says: Frequently mentions that in The Bible, Jesus said nothing about ____ (on topics ranging from abortion to gay rights to NASCAR).
- Deadpan Snarker: He can turn Motor Mouth comedy and still keep it not only incredibly calm, but also incredibly intellectual.
- Hiding Behind Religion: Accuses Republicans of this, by proposing Jesus for president. "Who wouldn't want to vote for a guy who was a peaceful, radical, non-violent revolutionary; who hung around with lepers, hookers, and crooks; who never spoke English; was not an American citizen; anti-capitalism; totally anti-death penalty; anti-public prayer (Matthew 6:5); but never once anti-gay; didn't mention abortion; and was a long-haired, brown-skinned, homeless, middle-eastern, Jew?"
- Jesus Was Way Cool: "I grew up admiring Jesus the way any guy admires mom's first husband."
- Raised Catholic: Both of John's parents were ex-clergy: his father an ex-Franciscan brother who had taught American History in Brooklyn, his mother an ex-nun who had been a hospital and leprosarium nurse in Africa.
- Rant Comedy: His stock in trade, point out religious and political hypocrisy while still getting laughs.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Directed at the Kardashians and their fans here.