John Joseph Fugelsang (born September 3, 1969) is an actor and political comedian. He has appeared on numerous TV and radio programs such as The Stephanie Miller Show, CNN, FOX, Air America, and YouTube.He has a blog here: http://www.blog.johnfugelsang.com/
John Fugelsang provides examples of the following tropes:
- Ascended Extra: He started off as a recurring guest on The Young Turks, and later became the host for Viewpoint on Current TV.
- As the Good Book Says...: Frequently mentions that in The Bible, Jesus said nothing about ____ (on topics ranging from abortion to gay rights to NASCAR).
- Deadpan Snarker: He can turn Motor Mouth comedy and still keep it not only incredibly calm, but also incredibly intellectual.
- Hiding Behind Religion: Accuses Republicans of this, by proposing Jesus for president. "Who wouldn't want to vote for a guy who was a peaceful, radical, non-violent revolutionary; who hung around with lepers, hookers, and crooks; who never spoke English; was not an American citizen; anti-capitalism; totally anti-death penalty; anti-public prayer (Matthew 6:5); but never once anti-gay; didn't mention abortion; and was a long-haired, brown-skinned, homeless, middle-eastern, Jew?"
- Jesus Was Way Cool: "I grew up admiring Jesus the way any guy admires mom's first husband."
- Raised Catholic: Both of John's parents were ex-clergy: his father an ex-Franciscan brother who had taught American History in Brooklyn, his mother an ex-nun who had been a hospital and leprosarium nurse in Africa.
- Rant Comedy: His stock in trade, point out religious and political hypocrisy while still getting laughs.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Directed at the Kardashians and their fans here.