Creator / Jane Lindskold
Jane Lindskold is an author of Speculative Fiction
, especially Urban Fantasy
, known for her association with Roger Zelazny
, who mentored her, and whose last two novels she finished posthumously.
Works with a page on this wiki:
- The Athanor series:
- Changer (1998)
- Legends Walking / Changer's Daughter (1999)
- Brother to Dragons, Companion to Owls (1994)
- The Buried Pyramid (2004)
- Child of a Rainless Year (2005)
- Donnerjack (with Roger Zelazny, 1997)
- Lord Demon (with Roger Zelazny, 1999)
- Marks of Our Brothers (1995)
- The Pipes of Orpheus (1995)
- Smoke and Mirrors (1996)
- When the Gods are Silent (1997)
Tropes in her other works:
- Companion Cube: Brother to Dragons, Companion to Owls has an interesting twist — inanimate objects constantly talk telepathically to the autistic main character, Sarah. And no, she's not imagining it: they sometimes tell her useful things, like the combinations to locks and safes, or the location of hidden items.
- Everyone Can See It: In the short story "Ruthless", this trope is subverted: The long list of people other than Crown Prince Michael and Judith who can see it include a pair of plotters who intend to use their feelings for each other against Queen Elizabeth.
- Speaks in Shout-Outs: In Brother To Dragons Companion To Owls, the main character can only communicate via quotes from literature. It's heavily implied that she is autistic.