Creator: Jane Lindskold
Jane Lindskold is an author of Speculative Fiction, especially Urban Fantasy, known for her association with Roger Zelazny, who mentored her, and whose last two novels she finished posthumously.
Works with a page on this wiki:
- Breaking the Wall series (more commonly known as The Land of Smoke and Sacrifice)
- Firekeeper Saga
- "A Touch of Poison"
- The Athanor series:
- Changer (1998)
- Legends Walking / Changer's Daughter (1999)
- Brother to Dragons, Companion to Owls (1994)
- The Buried Pyramid (2004)
- Child of a Rainless Year (2005)
- Donnerjack (with Roger Zelazny, 1997)
- Lord Demon (with Roger Zelazny, 1999)
- Marks of Our Brothers (1995)
- The Pipes of Orpheus (1995)
- Smoke and Mirrors (1996)
- When the Gods are Silent (1997)
Tropes in her other works:
- Companion Cube: Brother to Dragons, Companion to Owls has an interesting twist — inanimate objects constantly talk telepathically to the autistic main character, Sarah. And no, she's not imagining it: they sometimes tell her useful things, like the combinations to locks and safes, or the location of hidden items.
- Everyone Can See It: In the short story "Ruthless", this trope is subverted: The long list of people other than Crown Prince Michael and Judith who can see it include a pair of plotters who intend to use their feelings for each other against Queen Elizabeth.
- Speaks in Shout-Outs: In Brother To Dragons Companion To Owls, the main character can only communicate via quotes from literature. It's heavily implied that she is autistic.