We are Insaneponyauthor, and so can you!Not actually a pony, and not actually one author. Possibly insane, though.Insaneponyauthor is a single alias shared among a varying number of brony tropers. They collaborate (in the loosest possible sense) on Round Robin fanfics. Specifically, these fics are Exquisite Corpses: anyone who contributes to a story is only allowed to read the section immediately preceding their own. Naturally, this results in stories full of plot holes, Character Derailment, and similar nonsense. Hopefully, it's amusing nonsense, at least.Stories to date:
- Derailed - Octavia departs on a train to attend a family reunion... and wakes up in a hospital with amnesia and the romantic attention of Princess Celestia.
- Tealove's Steamy Adventure - Tealove goes on an epic quest for rare tea leaves that takes her on a wild ride across Equestria.
- Diamond and Silver's Excellent Adventure - Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon travel through time in a vain attempt to avoid their history class and also possibly save, destroy, or otherwise inadvertently influence the fabric of reality.
- Parents of Ponyville - It's Parent-Teacher Conference Night. Cheerilee is going to need a stiff drink at the end of it.
- Daring Do and the Journey to the Center of the Earth - When a villain steals Pinkie Pie's soul, Maud Pie teams up with Daring Do to get her soul back, in a quest that takes them far below Equestria.
- Dream On You Crazy Princess - Princess Luna leads a ragtag team of ponies to defend the dreamscape against a demon from another universe who's taken the powers of the Tantabus.
The series as a whole provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe Fic: This version of Equestria is a bit off from the original show. Applejack has been fighting a Secret War against a Cultist (who has some kind of connection to Pinkie Pie) for years. One of Cheerilee's students is actually a changeling, making Cheerilee an unofficial ambassador to her hive. There are time travelers hiding under every rock, constantly at work to maintain the timeline. And Twilight's library wasn't destroyed by Tirek.
- Book Ends: With the exception of Tealove's Steamy Adventure, each story's first and last chapters are written by the same person, leading to this effect.
- Running Gag:
- Use of the phrase "The drugs were beginning to wear off."
- The Apple family have to show up in each story. If an Apple isn't a major character from the beginning, then at least one of them will abruptly show up in the third act or even the climax.
- Titles (either for the whole story or just one chapter) in the form of <Character>'s <Adjective> Adventure.