Creator: Garrett Hedlund
Garrett Hedlund is an American young actor from Minnesota. Although he has not yet played in more than eight movies (while On the Road is still filming), he has worked with big stars. He first starred as Patroclus/Achilles Junior in Troy with Brad Pitt, then with Billy Bob Thornton in Friday Night Lights, Mark Wahlberg in Four Brothers and moved on to films like Eragon, Georgia Rule, TRON: Legacy and Country Strong. Currently dating Kirsten Dunst◊.His acting skills have enabled him to play a broad variety of characters; the little brother, the bad guy, the mysterious newcomer and plain college boys.Along with his good looks and height, Garrett is known for playing tragic, sympathetic characters. In almost every film he stars in, he either:
- A - Dies. Bonus for choking on his own blood.
- B - Plays a normal character that, during the progress of the film, might get worse treatment than others before receiving a happy ending.
- C - Plays an abused character that might or might not get a happy ending, but at least gets a great moment at the end to show everyone else that he wasn't all that bad.
- Actor Allusion: His character Patroclus in Troy died by having his throat slit and choking on his own blood. In Four Brothers, he is shot in the chest, resulting in him yet again choking on his own blood.
- Badass: Especially in Death Sentence.
- Big Brother Instinct: In Death Sentence, and is the recipient of this trope in Four Brothers.
- Blessed with Suck: As stated above, his characters are mostly guilty of this.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: In Death Sentence. All he does, is for the sake of his brother.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Smoking Is Cool: In almost all of his films, most prominently in Four Brothers and Death Sentence. Slightly subverted, as he is rarely seen smoking off-screen.