Bruce Bickford (born February 11, 1947 in Seattle, WA) is an American Artist and Animator who specializes in Deranged Stop Motion animation with clay. He is best known for his work with Frank Zappa, contributing to his 1979 movie Baby Snakes and his home video releases The Dub Room Special and Video From Hell. They collaborated on the home video The Amazing Mr. Bickford, which featured Bickford's creations set to Zappa's music.As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki and at IMDB.
"The Amazing Mr. Bickford's Tropes":
- Classical Mythology: Prometheus' Garden
- Deranged Animation: Often of a vaguely sexual or otherwise Mind Screw nature. Prometheus' Garden includes blood as well.
- Documentary: Monster Road
- New York City: In Baby Snakes
- Stop Motion
- Sword and Sorcery: In Prometheus' Garden
- Transformation Sequence: Characters change into all kinds of shapes and forms all the time.