Born March 24, 1974, best known as Willow Rosenberg on Buffy the Vampire Slayer
and Lily Aldrin on How I Met Your Mother
She had small roles in films like My Stepmother is an Alien
(as the daughter) and Dead Man on Campus
before her breakout film role as Michelle Flaherty in American Pie
, where she shocked everyone with the now-infamous "band camp" line. The world was never the same after that moment. It's always the quiet ones.
In 2008, The Onion
broke the story, "FCC Okays Nudity On TV If Itís Alyson Hannigan"
. Well, we can hope.
Married to her former Buffy
co-star Alexis Denisof, and a mother, as well as starring on the hit sitcom How I Met Your Mother
as Lily. Her daughters seem to have taken up their mother's banner of truly ridiculous levels of cute
This actress contains examples of:
- Adorkable: Lots of her roles happen to be quirky but adorable girls and women.
Willow: You're supposed to stop me when I do that.
Oz: I like it when you do that.
- Cat Smile: You know that unique way her mouth is shaped when she smiles?
- Covert Pervert: Her most common role.
- Older Than They Look: Barely aged between now and the first episode◊ of Buffy.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes:
Thugboy: This Alyson Hannigan is a menace.
- Romance on the Set: She and Alexis, though not in the traditional way. When they co-starred in Season 3 of Buffy, Alyson was dating Marilyn Manson drummer Ginger Fish. By the time she had a one-shot appearance in the fourth season of Angel, she and Alexis were engaged.
- Throw It In:
- Band camp.
- The scene during the credits of the Buffy episode "The Puppet Show", where the characters are performing a disastrous rendition of Oedipus Rex. Willow suddenly running off stage at the end was improvised.