Comedienne born June 16, 1987, was the youngest female cast member on Saturday Night Live, and is the first SNL cast member who is the child of a former cast member (see Generation Xerox below). She also appeared in the movie No Strings Attached, and lending her voice to the last couple of seasons of King of the Hill.After four years on SNL (2008 to 2012), Abby Elliott announced that she wouldn't come back for another season. Elliott was the youngest female cast member on the show, but was only the youngest overall cast member until 2011, when Jay Pharoah (also born in 1987, but he was born in October, making Elliott older than Pharoah by four months). Currently, the youngest female cast member is Aidy Bryant, who was born a month before Abby Elliott and still manages to be older than Jay Pharoah (only Bryant is older than Pharoah by five months).
- The Cast Showoff: Made use of her singing skills by playing pop stars (most notably Christina Aguilera, but she's played other pop singers too, like Melissa Etheridge, Kesha note , Katy Perry, K.D. Lang, Sarah McLachlan, and Jewel) on SNL. She had a recurring bit as Zooey Deschanel, and manages to mimic her voice rather successfully (the only other cast member to mimic Deschanel's voice accurately was short-lived season 39 cast member Noel Wells, who also had the benefit of looking similar to Zooey Deschanel as well, but, sadly, the writers didn't capitalize on it like they did with Abby Elliott).
- Cute but Cacophonic: Her portrayals of Khloe Kardashian, Anna Faris, and Joan Cusack (especially Anna Faris, who sounds eerily like the real Faris, and Joan Cusack, who doesn't sound like Cusack at all).
- Generation Xerox: Her dad is Chris Elliott, from the short-lived Fox sitcom Get a Life and the also-short-lived Animated Adaptation of Dilbert that aired on UPN. He also was a cast member on SNL during its 20th season, which, like seasons six and eleven, was despised by fans and critics for being bad (this makes Abby Elliot the first SNL cast member to be the child of another — and, now that she's left the show, the only child of a former SNL cast member to last longer on the show and have more fan appeal than the parent). Her grandfather is a famous comedian too and cameoed on a 1978 Christmas episode of SNL hosted by Elliott Gould, making Abby Elliott a third-generation SNL performer.
- Furthermore, Chris Elliott gained a following during The '80s for his frequent appearances on the David Letterman incarnation of Late Night. These days, Abby often pops up in bits on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
- And appeared in How I Met Your Mother as one of Ted's girlfriends, after her father had a recurring bit as Lily's dad.