Comic Book / Justice Lords Beyond
A DC comics crossover story arc taking place in the time of Batman Beyond
. It is the sequel to the Justice League
episode "A Better World"Wonder Woman
came back after a long absence. It turns out she had been in the Justice Lords' universe, trying to get the Justice Lords to moderate their ways. She then tells her story. Batman volunteers to go to the Justice Lords Universe, hoping to contact Lord Batman (who led the reform movement) and see what is going on there and why Wonder Woman came back.
- Continuity Nod: In "A Better World", Lex Luthor used a power nullifier to defeat the Justice Lords. Lord Superman uses an identical device to depower the League and his fellow Justice Lords.
- Engineered Public Confession: Lord Superman tells his son, Zod, that Zod would be instrumental in bringing peace to the Justice Lord Earth as well as having the Justice League and their Earth as enemies who murdered Wonder Woman. He has his hand on Wonder Woman's neck, ready to kill her.. However, Zod stops him, and the League version of Bruce Wayne had been recording it and broadcast it to the Justice Lords, inciting them to turn against Lord Superman.
- Foregone Conclusion: anyone who saw the Justice League Unlimited episode "Epilogue" would know that Terry, Bruce, and Superman survive.
- Only the Chosen May Wield: Played in reverse. Wonder Woman uses the Lasso of Truth to strangle/snap the neck of her Justice Lord counterpart for killing Lord Batman, and so she is no longer worthy and the lasso disintegrates.
- Utopia Justifies the Means:
- Like "A Better World", this theme comes up again. Wonder Woman points out that in the Lords Universe, Brainiac was defeated before anyone was killed, while a recent Brainiac invasion in the League Universe killed about a million people.
- Not only that, during the civil war between Lord Superman and Lord Batman, many of the Muggles actually fought on Superman's side.