open/close all folders
The Main Duo
- A polar bear all the way from the North Pole, where polar bears come from. How did he get to Antarctica? We donít know that right now, but the locals might see him as a bit of a inadvertent menace.
- Disney Villain Death: Parodied: the drop was only a foot or two.
- Establishing Character Moment: Accidentally killing several penguins in the second comic.
- Innocently Insensitive: Here.
- Literal-Minded: "Hop on, buddy."
- Red Oni to Osborne's blue.
- The Ditz
- The Prankster: Here.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chocolate.
- A little loner penguin that befriended Wally on his arrival to this distant land. Osborne dreams of greatness someday but for now heíll have to stumble over the obstacles that everyday life in Antarctica provide him.
- Deadpan Snarker: "I have no formal training in meteorology, but I'm guessing that's a pretty bad sign."
- Establishing Character Moment: Getting his feet frozen in an ice block and almost drowning (presumably) in the third comic.
- Feather Fingers: Lampshaded here.
- If My Calculations Are Correct: Then he and Wally will die before they sled down every hill in Antarctica.
- Blue Oni to Wally's red.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Lampshaded in this strip:Wally: I hope those big words are somehow making this less awkward for you.
- Sincerity Mode: "Thanks buddy. You really got a way with words."
- Straight Man