Characters: Honoo No Alpen Rose
The character page for Honoo No Alpen Rose
Jeudi a.k.a. Alicia Brandel
- Badass Normal: Stands out in a non-fighting anime for always doing what he thinks it's right and putting himself at great risk to protect Jeudi and others
- Brainy Brunette: Not booksmart (though not super Book Dumb either), but is a very fast thinker
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Jeudi, as they hook up very fast, but see Jeudi's example above.
- Knightin Shining Armor: To Jeudi. Lampshaded in the OP.
- Mistaken for Cheating: Subverted and then played straight.
- Subverted: Jeudi steps on Mathilda trying to kiss him and Lundi attempting to refuse her advances, but she doesn't even think that he's cheating. Specially because Jeudi's concerns in regards to Mathilda are VERY different.
- Played straight: she almost has an Heroic BSOD when she sees Mathilda kissing Lundi. To be fair, not only Jeudi saw them from a distance so she couldn't exactly see that it was more of a Forceful Kiss and she was still BSOD'ing after almost being killed.
- Nice Guy
- Rich Suitor, Poor Suitor: Count Germont and him. He wins at the end, obviously.
- Chekhov's Gunman: The only word Printemps can say is Alpine Rose. When he says them in front of Helene...
- Evil Detecting Bird: He once attacks Mathilda during breakfast. Mathilda immediately lampshades the trope via angrily asking Jeudi if Printempts thinks she's a bad person. (And actually, he was right: Jeudi's tea was poisoned, and Mathilda is the one who did it)
- Team Pet
Count George de Germont
Countess Francoise de Germont
- Green-Eyed Monster: To Jeudi, but not because of the Count's love - it's because she envies how Jeudi says no to the Count and stands her ground.
- Love Martyr: And very, very painfully aware of it.
- Murder-Suicide: Invoked in episode 17 of the manga. In the Hostage Situation she shoots Germont, but knowing that she still loves him despite everything, she stays by him in the burning mansion.
- The Ojou
- Spoiled Sweet
Voiced by: Toshiya Ueda
Leonhardt "Leon" Aschenbach
Helene Durant aka Helene Brandel
Voiced by: Tomoko Munakata
Voiced by: Shuusei Nakamura
The Durant Family
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Toyed with. Mrs. Durant is a sweet person and immediately recognizes Jeudi despite not being able to take her to Helene, but Mr. Durant is much harsher due to the massive stress of the Toulonchamps being on his tail and having to face the huge consequences of having separated Helene and Friederich.
- Break the Haughty: Mr. Durant, when Toulonchamp himself shows up.
- Heroic BSOD: Mr. Durant suffers one when he finds out that Jeudi almost died and that Helene has been slowly poisoned. Then he has another (and quite more serious) when Toulonchamp makes clear that the family is totally in his hands.
- Impoverished Patrician: They were very noble and rich, now they're still very noble but they're squeezed and manipulated by Toulonchamp.
- Kick the Dog: Mr. Durant, when he accuses Jeudi of being in cahoots with Friederich and starts insulting the dead Brandel's memories. Jeudi's reaction is smacking him.
Voiced by: Miki Takahashi
- Disabled Love Interest: Subverted, Marie likes Lundi but she clearly never stood a chance against Jeudi.
- Ill Girl: Was in a wheelchair for years. Seeing Lundi's strength to live motivated her to get better.
- The Ojou
- Rescue Romance: Subverted, since as said above she likes Lundi but he already likes Jeudi.
Voiced by: Run Sasaki
Voiced by: Susumu Kotaki
Mathilda Toulonchamp, alias the fake Alicia Brandel
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: in front fo Helene she's sweet as pie, but when not...
- Body Double: She poses as Jeudi as a part of her father's plans, since she's around the same age Jeudi is and has a very similar voice.
- Creepy Child
- Daddy's Little Villain: Unlike her older sister Madeleine. Subverted later, though.
- Evil Redhead: In the anime at least
- Fille Fatale: Throws herself at Lundi, only to be rejected every single time. (At least in one of them she got to plant him a Forceful Kiss.)
- High Heel-Face Turn: Averted. She hates Jeudi but willingly reveals her true nature as well as her heritage to Lundi, saying she's doing so specifically because she has taken a liking to him. (Her other reason is that Anna's huge blunder scared the crap out of her.) However, this doesn't mean she will leave her father's side...
- In the Blood: Not only her father is quite the piece of work, but she claims to be a descendant from Basil Zaharoff, the Turkish-born financier and arm dealer from World War One.
- Jerk Ass
- Master Poisoner: While it's almost impossible to have her as a proper poison maker due to her extreme youth, Mathilda is still sly enough to slooooowly administer it to Helene to make her ill. She's also all but stated to have poisoned Jeudi's food, but she didn't get to finish the work.
- Manipulative Bitch
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: A pretty brutal one dealed to Jeudi
"You Are Too Late
. Because you haven't seen her for so long
, you are not her child
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: When Printempts attacks her and then Lundi questions her, she throws herself crying in the arms of the very stressed Mr. Durant and briefly turns him against Lundi and Jeudi.
Voiced by: Masaru Ikeda
- Arms Dealer and Corrupt Corporate Executive
- Batman Gambit: He uses his youngest daughter Mathilda as Jeudi's Body Double, having her trick Helene into believing she is the real Jeudi - which was very easy back then, considering that Helene's non-existant eyesight doesn't let her see that Mathilda looks nothing like the grown-up Jeudi, who has been missing for a long time so nobody really knows how she would look like. Then, once Mathilda has wormed her place in Helene's affections, he black mails the Durants into doing whatever he asks them too, threatening with taking Mathilda aka the fake!Jeudi away from Helene - which will be fatal for Helene due to her Break the Cutie past and her very weak heart. (Oh, and in the manga there's the small fact that he has been slooooowly poisoning her)
- Dirty Coward
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking
- Kick the Dog: Not only he refers very nonchalantly to how he finances all kinds of dark deals, but he punches Mr. Durant when he attempts to confront him.
- Lack of Empathy
- Manipulative Bastard
- Namesto Run Away From Really Fast: The "Death Trader"
- Nouveau Riche: Implied. The reason why he squeezes the Durants is their good social position..
- Sadistic Choice: If the Durants don't expell and kill Jeudi, "blood will be shed" in his words.
- Smug Snake
- Would Hit a Girl: Smacks Helene when she confronts him on the whole Alicia/Mathilda deal.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- The Maid Did It: She is an accomplice of the Toulonchamps and once drops a flower pot on Jeudi's head from the second store to try silencing her; Jeudi jumps out of the way but she still hurts her foot.
- Meido: She works as a maid in the Durant home. And as the Toulonchamps's spy and partner-in-crime.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain - Spanner in the Works: In the manga, she tries to kill Jeudi but fails. This starts to plant the seeds of doubt in Helene's mind, helps uncover the deal with the poison and scares Matilda enough to tell Lundi who the heck she truly is...
Tarantula (real name: Jean Jacques Cortot.)